Planned Helmet Mods

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

OrrElse
TKID: 66150

Planned Helmet Mods

Post by OrrElse »

So I am planning on making some improvements to my Shadow Guard helmet when it comes in including a voice amp kit, an environmental audio system (has microphones and speakers so I can hear outside the helmet), and the Handy Cooler mini handheld AC unit with tubing up into the helmet. Are there any other mods out there that anyone else can or would recommend?
You wouldn't even need to use the power setting, would you? This thing is heavy. Wallop. That'll make their eyes water. - Fi Skirata referencing a Force Pike

Vlade
TKID: 75233

Re: Planned Helmet Mods

Post by Vlade »

Get a biking beanie/head stocking thing with a strip of silicone in the brow, it keeps sweat from running into your eyes from the forehead, which is really hard to deal with in the bucket

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I think you'll quickly find there isn't a ton of space for a voice amp much less external microphones and speakers to hear what's going on inside. I'd love to see what you come up with though.

OrrElse
TKID: 66150

Post by OrrElse »

JesterTDA wrote:I think you'll quickly find there isn't a ton of space for a voice amp much less external microphones and speakers to hear what's going on inside. I'd love to see what you come up with though.
Most of the things like the microphones and the voice amp will be hidden behind my armor and only the small wires running up underneath my suit into my helmet. I have seen how the Vader in my local garrison does it and that helmet is just as tight. The speakers are micro-speakers and only 1/4" in thickness that an electronics buddy is making for me. Soon as I find a replacement helmet and get the audio system here I will post pics of it.
You wouldn't even need to use the power setting, would you? This thing is heavy. Wallop. That'll make their eyes water. - Fi Skirata referencing a Force Pike