more building more questions

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

sithTASTIC!!!

more building more questions

Post by sithTASTIC!!! »

Hey guys. Its the beginning of the month and I'm spending some more credits. I've found a pair of boots that I hope are acceptable. I just wanted to clear it with you guys so I'm not picking the wrong one. here it is

http://uturnutopia.com/614_57_77/captai ... fs0lpgj626

I'm also in the process of aquiring components to construct my own force pike according to the instructions left by Darth Skellington They're really good but they lack some of the dimensions I need to position many of the parts. I was wondering if anyone could give me some raw measurements (i.e. Length of the two hand grips, distance between hand grips and discharge vanes ect.). it would be much appreciated.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: more building more questions

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Alot of that on the grips has to be your human ratio. What is comfortable for someone who is 4'8" would be different than someone who is 6'2.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: more building more questions

Post by JesterTDA »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Alot of that on the grips has to be your human ratio. What is comfortable for someone who is 4'8" would be different than someone who is 6'2.
Agreed...I just eyeballed my two that I've made. You want the bottom of the pike to sit on your curled fingers or the palm of your hand when your arm is at your side and the top should be somewhere around the top of your helmet (I'd say no more than 3-4 inches above but that's a personal opinion). After that the 2 grips should be large enough so each hand can hold it and there is black on other side of your hands. I'd say the grips should end before reaching your arm pit but above your elbow.