Under the bucket

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

nolekhan
TKID: 8893

Re: Under the bucket

Post by nolekhan »

@Jester: You might want to clean out that black paint. The fact that it refuses to bond/dry is disturbing. I spray painted my FP interior with Krylon Fusion for Plastic Black and it fully bonded.

I'm looking into padding for the weight on my shoulders now, both for comfort and because it is causing lines in my velvet. Anyone worked on that?
South Texas Squad, Star Garrison
AOTC

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

Another option is to just wear a balaclava like a Biker Scout or a Tie Fighter Pilot. Not the winter wool ones, but the lightweight fabric ones from UA, Oakley, etc. They not only will help keep your head cool, but will be a barrier between your actual face and head from contacting the fiberglass of the inner helmet. That's what I plan on doing.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

nolekhan wrote:@Jester: You might want to clean out that black paint. The fact that it refuses to bond/dry is disturbing. I spray painted my FP interior with Krylon Fusion for Plastic Black and it fully bonded.

I'm looking into padding for the weight on my shoulders now, both for comfort and because it is causing lines in my velvet. Anyone worked on that?
Oh it's bonded...I also used Krylon Fusion for Plastic and its more the fact it gets wet and hot and rubs off because of the constant friction.

dingerbell55

Post by dingerbell55 »

I think I have also purchased this lid, I had the same issue in that everytime I handled the lid at some point I would start to itch so I had some spare sandpaper and used this very gently in order to take the roughness off and then I applied a small amount of baby powder (up around the head - no where near the robes), just to mask the smell and to be honest this seems to have worked.
Hope that helps.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Baby Powder...brilliant!

Mortty
TKID: 17071

Post by Mortty »

Has anyone proved the interior of a worker helmet? Its cheap, I mean the helmet the construction workers use. You took the inside of that helmet and place in inside your RG helmet by stcking it with the proper glue. The fixing interior of a worker helmet has 4 or 6 moorings you can fix to you RG helmet . Its great becouse it fix you head perimeter , your helmet does't move, does't touch you face and you can use the different straps to fix little funs (I place 2 pc funs 9 volts).

Toddo
TKID: 6647

Post by Toddo »

Mortty wrote:Has anyone proved the interior of a worker helmet? Its cheap, I mean the helmet the construction workers use. You took the inside of that helmet and place in inside your RG helmet by stcking it with the proper glue. The fixing interior of a worker helmet has 4 or 6 moorings you can fix to you RG helmet . Its great becouse it fix you head perimeter , your helmet does't move, does't touch you face and you can use the different straps to fix little funs (I place 2 pc funs 9 volts).
let's see inside with some photos, yeah?