My Episode III Build Thread

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Dannicus

My Episode III Build Thread

Post by Dannicus »

As I start to gather my materials to benign my ROTS guard kit, I wanted to start a thread to document, and keep any questions (and acquired knowledge from answers) in one place.

I'm gong to be fairly slow in this process as I save the cash to put it all together, bit I'm excited to start and move through this project.

I plan to go with the Rubies supreme edition bucket with a red tinted visor.

Leather mystics gloves, which by reading others experiences, appears to need a dye job with the ox blood dye.

Finally, some actual photos. I ordered swatches from distinctive fabrics. I'm hoping these colors look correct. I'd love some feed back.

The burgundy

The red/scarlet

Vlade
TKID: 75233

Re: My Episode III Build Thread

Post by Vlade »

Hey! Your swatches are bigger than mine. Are those the velvet or the velveteen? Looks like velvet to me, but I want to be sure.
I got all my fabric from DF (I went with velveteen though) and the colors were gorgeous! But they were a little different from the swatches I had originally. Brighter. There was about a three month delay between the swatches and the actual order, but I have no idea why they would have been different.

Bottom line, I would recommend DF, the color is amazing and I like the material weight. They shipped really fast too, a week before they said it would get to me.

Dannicus

Re: My Episode III Build Thread

Post by Dannicus »

Vlade wrote:Hey! Your swatches are bigger than mine. Are those the velvet or the velveteen? Looks like velvet to me, but I want to be sure.
These are the velvet.