pantyhose lens

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

pantyhose lens

Post by Aaron-Wan-Kenobi »

Okay, I just got my bucket which looks great. It fits my gigantic head. I have heard that some people use a pantyhose or stocking for the lens so it is breathable. Has anyone heard of this? Also, if you have, how would one go about attaching it?

All I need to finish up my costume, is this lens problem and my outer robes which should be done within a few weeks then I am ready for 501st membership. Any help on this would be appreciated.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: pantyhose lens

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Approval would have to say has the actual Visor in it. But can be switched out for a mesh visor for unofficial. That's my experience with the whole thing.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Yeah, I would agree you will need a hard lens for approval, but a mesh one that can be swapped out could be useful. I've never seen one up close, but I'm thinking a hard "visor-shaped" frame that the mesh could be stretched over would work.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Skel that's okay, cause in my Christmas parade we had to go extreme and paint another guards face black cause she was hyperventilating in the black guard.

There are also breathing tube kits that several members have made.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Post by Aaron-Wan-Kenobi »

Tell me more about the breathing tube kits. I was thinking about a fan that hangs down under my robes and blows air up through a tube. Where would one get such a fan?