Would this helmet be acceptable?

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

NZJoshy
TKID: 17639

Would this helmet be acceptable?

Post by NZJoshy »

Hi there folks, currently on the lookout for a IG helmet to match my Imperial Boots ROTJ robes. I know some members of the community are against buying off Etsy but I found this fibreglass helmet last night and want a second opinion. https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/6515245 ... ef=reviews. I am more than open to other suggestions as well.

I have spoken to Walts Trooper Factory as well but I am not too sure if I am wanting a kit or would even know where to start on one. Also with my IB robes, it included some padding..I was thinking this could be to help boost the shoulders up but does wearing the helmet ever get sore around your shoulders and upper back?
:tr: Protegat et Serve :tr:

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Re: Would this helmet be acceptable?

Post by Maxall »

I've got one of Walt's helmets (his Shadow Guard kit). I love it. It's lightweight and comfortable to wear.

Never tried a fiberglass helmet, but I can't imagine it's as light.

Dave

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Re: Would this helmet be acceptable?

Post by Batsk »

The collar/flange appears to be a little on the narrow side when it comes to the standard royal guards; however, it would make an excellent The Force Unleashed (shadow/royal/senate)/crimson empire helmet. I will agree that walt's helmet is very light and once finished looks really nice. Personally I am one of those oddballs that likes heavy armor. Personal choice and not a recommendation.