Kama for the Shadow Guard.

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

6-pac
TKID: 82084

Kama for the Shadow Guard.

Post by 6-pac »

Greetings, anyone know where can I find a vendor that can make a Kama for a Shadow Guard? :shadow:

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Re: Kama for the Shadow Guard.

Post by Batsk »

6-pac wrote:Greetings, anyone know where can I find a vendor that can make a Kama for a Shadow Guard? :shadow:
The kama can be made simply by any tailor or even yourself. It is essentially just a trapezoidal piece of fabric. As far as specific vendors for the soft goods for your kit there are so many people out there. I had a seamstress make mine. Quite a few have purchased high quality barista aprons and then cut them to the correct shape. I'm reluctant to recommend a specific vendor because there are so many people out there that can make the piece and do a great job. It would help to have a general area like just the country will help us provide you with a list of vendors as well.

I look forward to seeing your guard come together.

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Post by Maxall »

Best bet is to buy a beach towel from the dollar store and cut it as you go so that it works out. Once you have that, take the overall size to a seamstress/tailor with your material. Your towel will be the finished size.

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)

RainbowVOD

Post by RainbowVOD »

Hey im actually interested as well, now that you brought this up!
Im in the US MO st louis area, if someone doesnt want to take the time to look up seamstresses or stuff near me, lemme know the best way to find them so I can do it myself, I'd sew the thing myself as well but my hands shake harder than a caffeine addict with cerebral palsy. (If that joke breaks some form of TOS or something somehow ill edit it out, I'm just very analogy heavy.)
:shadow:

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Post by Batsk »

I know a few shadowguards have used Bistro aprons to make their Kamas. The nice thing is that you can put it on and then mark it for cutting along all sides. Plus the material is rather durable. Hope that helps.

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Post by Allan1313 »

Yeah it's a pretty easy pattern.
Trapezoid that runs down the side of your leg to the knee. I have very little sewing skills and was able to manage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison