Help with length of Robes

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

lfechter
TKID: 78510

Help with length of Robes

Post by lfechter »

I have my inner and outer robes, but they are a bit too long for me and I need to hem them up to my size.

I am curious what is the appropriate length from the floor I should hem them to. When wearing my boots and standing straight up, how far off the floor should the inner and outer robes be?

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

:tr:

Wraith
TKID: 14588

Re: Help with length of Robes

Post by Wraith »

lfechter wrote:I have my inner and outer robes, but they are a bit too long for me and I need to hem them up to my size.

I am curious what is the appropriate length from the floor I should hem them to. When wearing my boots and standing straight up, how far off the floor should the inner and outer robes be?

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

:tr:
Most of the CRLs say to hem the outer robes to no more than 1” above the ground (while wearing your boots, of course). The inner robes are slightly shorter, but no more than 3” above the ground. *Edit: This varies according to which costume you are making! Always go by the requirements in the CRL.

If you plan to wear any sort of shoulder or chest pads under your robes, make sure you are wearing them when you get your robes hemmed.