Have any of you tried fabric protector sprays?

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Have any of you tried fabric protector sprays?

Post by OCD_Chad »

With the clearance requirement for the outer robe being what it is it will often be touching the ground it seems. How are the sprays on the fabric, is there any color change from them?

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Re: Have any of you tried fabric protector sprays?

Post by Crimson8 »

I looked it up though have not used any sprays personally. Scotchgard can be used on velvet for waterproofing and protecting against staining. However mostly used for velvet on foot wear or on furniture. Whether it is safe on our robes is another thing. I would be against it in case, and if any stains occur it’s a trip to the dry cleaners. Only way to be sure for velvet material.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Re: Have any of you tried fabric protector sprays?

Post by OCD_Chad »

CrimsonGuard wrote:I looked it up though have not used any sprays personally. Scotchgard can be used on velvet for waterproofing and protecting against staining. However mostly used for velvet on foot wear or on furniture. Whether it is safe on our robes is another thing. I would be against it in case, and if any stains occur it’s a trip to the dry cleaners. Only way to be sure for velvet material.
Mine is velveteen. I'll get a sample of it and spray all over it with some of that stuff to test it out before I try the robe.