How to make a Force Pike out of a pool cue

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

How to make a Force Pike out of a pool cue

Post by Crimson8 »

Project Force Pike.

How to build the forcePike weapon for the Imperial Royal Guard to go with any red Royal Guard.

The pool stuck unscrews in the middle.

After prepping the materials with a light sand with glass paper, I forced the foam handle grips on the pool cue stick. I began by using vacuum cleaner hoses but it was too flimsy so I used the foam handles from an exercise machine not being used. I had to force them on with soap.

I cut some pvc pipe into small parts for the top of the pike. A child’s syringe was used for the top point.

I used a plumbing hose connector and a light fitting from a lamp and glued them together to make the pommel at the base. These had to be painted later.

I bought 7 O rings to make the top piece.
Then I hand painted the pommel made of plumbing and garden hose connector components.

I Painted the pvc connectors and finally painted the O rings. All silver spray painted.

Then I Spray painted silver the cue stick. I masked off parts I wanted to keep from being painted.

Took about 3 hours to complete painting. Then left to dry and assembled tthe next day.

AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Crimson8

Re: How to make a Force Pike out of a pool cue

Post by Crimson8 »

After 3 days its finished!!!

Looks amazing up close - very happy with metallic silver spray paint. Another coat of paint will get rid of any blemishes. I sprayed it again after a few troops and it comes up beautiful. I’d feel lost on troops without it as it sets off the whole look.

Had to wash down handles as they were dirty. Look great now. Had trouble getting the top part, the power tip, on but used putty packed with foam, and super glue for good measure. Also super glued the discharge capacitor thingy onto it.

The top popped off after one troop but e6000 did the trick.

The O rings were at first quite tacky as they are rubber but over time they did dry out.

heres the photos after it was completely dry.

Crimson8

Re: How to make a Force Pike out of a pool cue

Post by Crimson8 »

My first attempt was a different look and this was the first post

However I realised that the handles had to be quite firm for use so that’s why i eventually went for soft foam handles from an exercise machine. These are hard to find separate too so you might need to hunt around.

Here are some photos of the forcepike being used on troops.