Robe patterns

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

GJasmin

Robe patterns

Post by GJasmin »

Hello guys, on another thread, this pattern (http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopi ... =26&t=1977) is suppose to show a pattern for the AOTC robes. Sadly, Photobucket requires a paid account nowadays to share on 3rd party site like this. As the thread is locked, I couldn't reply on it.

Dose someone has the pattern on a different media support ?

Thanks guys

jcgardea

Re: Robe patterns

Post by jcgardea »

Fortunately, I downloaded them right before the photobucket mishap...
Since I am making my own Royal Guard, and had not decided on what version to do, I made some templates of my own that I am working on, since I've seen many that look kinda like a giant red tube sock, and I get it, making a circular cape takes up a lot of fabric, but it's a matter of proper draping.

Also have in mind that velvet is a fabric with nap, this means the fibers have direction. check out any Sewing velvet tutorial on YouTube prior to cutting your cloth. I'm still figuring it out myself.

Here you go. Good luck!

As I said before, specially with this pattern. Be mindful of the fabric nap. Personally I think this pattern does have nap in consideration. But it is what it is.

IronRanger88
TKID: 51084

Post by IronRanger88 »

Awesome, Thank you!
Touch my coffee and I'll test my Death Star on your home planet...

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

jcgardea wrote:Fortunately, I downloaded them right before the photobucket mishap...
Since I am making my own Royal Guard, and had not decided on what version to do, I made some templates of my own that I am working on, since I've seen many that look kinda like a giant red tube sock, and I get it, making a circular cape takes up a lot of fabric, but it's a matter of proper draping.

Also have in mind that velvet is a fabric with nap, this means the fibers have direction. check out any Sewing velvet tutorial on YouTube prior to cutting your cloth. I'm still figuring it out myself.

Here you go. Good luck!

As I said before, specially with this pattern. Be mindful of the fabric nap. Personally I think this pattern does have nap in consideration. But it is what it is.

While these are great work, the layout does not account for the natural grain and pile of the fabric and will result in robes that do not have a consistent appearance. All sections need to be cut in the same direction of the fabric grain/pile to avoid this issue.

Please be careful in this as this is a very costly error that people have been denied membership over.

IronRanger88
TKID: 51084

Post by IronRanger88 »

So, I can't seem to find Accurate information. I've heard that the different movies will have different ways to sew the pattern together.. Such as some have a single arm hole and some have two.
I'm actually working on the TPM Blue Senate Guard. It seems they have two arm holes, but I can't seem to find a pattern for that one.. Anybody got any good info?

Thanks!
Touch my coffee and I'll test my Death Star on your home planet...

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

IronRanger88 wrote:So, I can't seem to find Accurate information. I've heard that the different movies will have different ways to sew the pattern together.. Such as some have a single arm hole and some have two.
I'm actually working on the TPM Blue Senate Guard. It seems they have two arm holes, but I can't seem to find a pattern for that one.. Anybody got any good info?

Thanks!
I'm having a seamstress work on my TR-ROTS robes and let me tell ya, finding patterns can be a real pain. Mostly because there isn't one that everyone agrees on. Looking at previous posts on the subforum, I could see multiple ways people put their outer robes together.

What I did was essentially bring as many reference pictures as was relevant to my seamstress, talk it out with her and attempt to do a mockup for critique here before investing in the actual velvet. Its handy that the TR-ROTS CRL requires an outer robe lining of the same material as an inner robe.... we're just going to stitch the lining first, get critique and an ok, and then go nuts with the velvet.

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

This is worth bumping as the pattern shown here is same one I used and seamstress got her head around the basic structure of how robes fit together. Also needed to show her lots of photos of all angles. It's best to make a mock up first out of old sheets. Just to get a feel for the way the robes sit.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Arminius
TKID: 71213

Post by Arminius »

I managed to find the patterns and references for the robes,mostly the AOTC version.Here they are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zc_qR ... iyuic21tQZ

If you need patterns for another version please pm me to see if I have it
"In my book,experience outranks everything."

Talmor
TKID: 61212

Post by Talmor »

Arminius wrote:I managed to find the patterns and references for the robes,mostly the AOTC version.Here they are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zc_qR ... iyuic21tQZ

If you need patterns for another version please pm me to see if I have it
Hey Arminius, do you mine reposting the link? It seems to be broke, thanks! :trsuit:

Arminius
TKID: 71213

Post by Arminius »

"In my book,experience outranks everything."