Maker of Senate Guard Helmets

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

TK IAIN

Maker of Senate Guard Helmets

Post by TK IAIN »

Been busy researching all I can find on the Senate Guard costume from within the Uk and further afield via the net and various forums!Apart from the superb custom jobs that some of our colleagues have been dedicating time to there is little in the way of professionally made lids!

Until Now! :P .Feast your eyes on this beauty!

ImageImage

This work of art is made by Amy who is the girlfriend of a fellow UK.Garrison member and there is nothing else out there that to me even comes close! I have some pics of the sculpting and raw casts as she went along!

ImageImage

These are available as we speak or Amy will make them to order if required.

***The helmet costs £200 plus postage and packaging, see below...

UK £23 for 48 hour delivery, tracked and insured
Europe £50 from 4 days delivery, tracked and insured
Europe £40 from 6 days delivery, untracked, insured
USA £75 from 3 days delivery, tracked and insured
USA £60 from 5 days delivery, untracked, insured ***

Amy and or her boyfriend Jon can be contacted on the UK.Garrison website on the "501st Imperial Costuming" section or I can ask them to provide a email address if somebody would prefer to make direct contact. I will be getting one of these as soon as I get back from holiday in June and hopefully I'll have sourced the inner and outer robes by then!
Last edited by TK IAIN on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iain

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Maker of Senate Guard Helmets

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Very good find on this. Makes me want to step into RL with this ;)
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

Hey all - Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead. Long story short - I've been working on my Ep 1 Blue Senate Guard costume for 6 months now. I've got everything I need, but you guessed it - the lid. I've even got the plumes I made at the ready. My current maker seems to have crapped out on me after 3 months of trying.

I know this is a crazy long shot, but does ANYONE have a lead on who or where I can commission someone to make a helmet for me??? I've even contacted MLC, but he told me he really only does the Red Guards. Help me TK IAN you're my [hopefully not] only hope!!

thanks guys for any advice you can offer

DS

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

There are Pepakura files for the Senate Guard Helmet out there.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Daddy Solo wrote:Hey all - Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead. Long story short - I've been working on my Ep 1 Blue Senate Guard costume for 6 months now. I've got everything I need, but you guessed it - the lid. I've even got the plumes I made at the ready. My current maker seems to have crapped out on me after 3 months of trying. I know this is a crazy long shot, but does ANYONE have a lead on who or where I can commission someone to make a helmet for me??? I've even contacted MLC, but he told me he really only does the Red Guards. Help me TK IAN you're my [hopefully not] only hope!!thanks guys for any advice you can offer

Sorry to hear that you are getting mucked about with your helmet. I will drop Amy and Jon another wee PM over on the UK Garrison site to see what they can do but if you want to pm your email address I can give them that and they will hopefully answer you directly.

I finally got to wear mine at the weekend!

Iain

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:There are Pepakura files for the Senate Guard Helmet out there.
Thanks for the info - That's actually what the person I commissioned to build it used as a base, but somehow it got misshapen when she was fiberglassing it and putting it on was like trying to squeeze my head into a drain pipe - ouch!!!
If anyone's better at this than she or I am, or has a better way - I'm all ears (what's left of them lol)

DS

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Daddy Solo wrote:I've even got the plumes I made at the ready.

PM sent regarding the helmet.

Would love to see any pics of your plumes - always looking to improve what I have.

Iain
Iain

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

TK IAIN wrote:
Daddy Solo wrote:I've even got the plumes I made at the ready.

PM sent regarding the helmet.

Would love to see any pics of your plumes - always looking to improve what I have.

Iain
no pics yet. I've been in contact w/ Randy from sithplanet. he can make me an Ep 3 w/in 3 wks - so that's something. He can also send me an extra crest that I can attempt to mod myself into an ep 1 if I try hard enough. Thoughts?

As for improving on what you've done - No chance! :trsuit:

DS

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Best of luck on your venture. Some say I wear the detachment on my shoulders .;-

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Daddy Solo wrote:He can also send me an extra crest that I can attempt to mod myself into an ep 1 if I try hard enough. Thoughts? As for improving on what you've done - No chance! :trsuit:

Having never actually seen a SP lid in the 'flesh' I honestly could not comment but from what I have read/been told the crest will need a "lot" of work to get close to an Ep.I lid and that's coming from folk over on the Rebel Legion.
I have always thought the SP lid to be a little on the large side TBH - a bit like the FX version of TK lids compared to more accurate models. I cannot sing the praises of Amy/Jon Berry who made both my lids enough and if your budget goes that far I would say go for the Berry lid before a SP one with no argument.
Iain