The Clone Wars Senate Commando Honor Guard CRL Creation

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

GeneralSpeer
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 10991

Re: The Clone Wars Senate Commando Honor Guard CRL Creation

Post by GeneralSpeer »

An amazing hurdle has been accomplished as the helmet is all painted up and looking bedazzling. The visor too is also installed. There is a little touch up work to do on the fin but other than that, it looks so good. Very soon, I will get back to working on the horse hair installation to the fin and repainting the armor is going smoothly. Getting closer to being done, but for now I am happy with what's been achieved.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

GeneralSpeer

Post by GeneralSpeer »

Ok, been about 2ish weeks, but a lot of good progress has been done. First off is I am working on the horse hair bundles so if all goes well, I should start installing the horse hair into the mohawk this week; I am currently waiting on a new batch of hotglue. I did a test fit with the upper body parts earlier in the week and it feels so good to have it all coming together. I tried out a new method of strapping that I really like that involves some nylon webbing and magnets and it works superbly well.
Image Image Image Image

But after those were fixed, I finally got the rest of the sonic blue pearl paint in that I needed to complete the touchups and finishes on the lower body and did the white design on the shins. I then decided it was time to do a first full body suitup with the cape and I gotta say, I can't argue with the result; it looks amazing!

ImageImage Image

At this point it is down to the horse hair and final fittings. Comments and critiques as always are welcome!

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Post by Batsk »

Looking so awesome! I am so eager to help add this CRL to the detachments list.

GeneralSpeer

Post by GeneralSpeer »

First side of plumage is complete and I'm just filling in gaps and plan to use spray adhesive to keep a uniform shape, help it stay up and to help with more visual volume. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GeneralSpeer

Post by GeneralSpeer »

I realize it has been a while since I've made a post on this so I will resume with where I left off.

The remainder of the plumes went super well and I am excited to say that the helmet got completed it a good enough time and then cut out a template to use as reference for trimming the plumes to the right shape. For the plumes, many folks may opt to use hair spray to keep the plumes up. Me? I just just Scotch adhesive spray that dries clear and the plumes stay in place Image.

After that, I did a suit up to see what the armor looked like. It was realized that the armor was a tad too shinny and I decided to once again sand things back a little and then seal the armor with matte clear spray paint and it looks tons better.

I am pleased to say that the costume at this point is finished and I am excited to what others think ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk