The Clone Wars Senate Commando Honor Guard CRL Creation

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

GeneralSpeer
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 10991

Re: The Clone Wars Senate Commando Honor Guard CRL Creation

Post by GeneralSpeer »

CrimsonGuard wrote:This build is quite incredible to the amount of detail you have put in. Loving the colours you used and the overall look is pretty amazing.

Keep going till you can show the final result here.

Thank you! I really appreciate the support! I'll be working on the sanding and weathering of the armor this upcoming week
and then I am going to be installing the strap on the rifle. I am still working on the finalized pattern for the cape and the helmet
cast is being worked on and I'll receive it next month where so much bodywork is going to be done.

But thank you again! I will definitely keep posting the progress!

GeneralSpeer

Post by GeneralSpeer »

Some very exciting updates are in place for the costume. To start, I have ordered the boots! Specifically, I have ordered them from CrowProps and have
requested to match the shoe's color to the color of the armor. Very similar to Argyus.

But as exciting as that is, (and it truly is awesome to have another part basically done, just in waiting mode), I have another development
that has taken place. After spending weeks fiddling around with it, the cape is finally in a place where it looks good and like in the show.
The pleats are something that I think could be an optional thing since not every shot from the show showcases the pleats in the cape, but
the shape is what I had been struggling with and I am very pleased, and so is Brian, so that is a plus.

Image Image Image Image

This part serves as the capes' lining and will do the upper part when I get more fabric. It is there in which I will attempt to get the pleated look. I am
however, despite that challenge, very pleased with the progress and this build is only getting better and better!

ionicdesign
TKID: 3037

Post by ionicdesign »

LMO saying hello. I finally got TCW DVDs out to get some caps. This cap is too much like the Green / Grey Officers. Inside, no matter what "light" it looks almost a match for the armour but the outside shots it is different and darker. Could allow some latitude in the colour there to some degree.

Season 2, Episode 18: Senate Murders

Season 4, Episode 18: A Friend in Need

Bjmatt
Former DL
TKID: 12630

Post by Bjmatt »

Love seeing thew Progress on this its looking amazing your Hard work is paying off

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I do recall there being both a lighter and darker capelet in the concept art. I'll reference my art of clone wars this week.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

GeneralSpeer

Post by GeneralSpeer »

ionicdesign wrote:LMO saying hello. I finally got TCW DVDs out to get some caps. This cap is too much like the Green / Grey Officers. Inside, no matter what "light" it looks almost a match for the armour but the outside shots it is different and darker. Could allow some latitude in the colour there to some degree.

Season 2, Episode 18: Senate Murders

Season 4, Episode 18: A Friend in Need

Thank you sir for the extra images. Some of them I hadn't found before and that helps a lot.

GeneralSpeer

Post by GeneralSpeer »

Bjmatt wrote:Love seeing thew Progress on this its looking amazing your Hard work is paying off

Thank you sir! It's been a wonderful process so far. The helmet should be coming in soon and I hope to finalize the armor pieces as the next steps.

GeneralSpeer

Post by GeneralSpeer »

It's been a while, but I am fairly excited as another part is coming to life for this costume. The helmet. I has having a heck of a time getting the Senate Guard shape to fit the Commando honor guard look, I finally said to heck with it. I found a helmet maker through the Prop Replica FB page who has been doing a stellar job, and well, see for yourself....
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

It is a 3D model of the helmet itself that will be ready for printing. There are some tweaks that are going to be taking place from what you see, for example, narrowing the bucket a tidge while keeping the neck flared out, rounding the back of the shoulder. and overall general aesthetic cleanup. Overall, I am pretty excited!

GeneralSpeer

Re: The Clone Wars Senate Commando Honor Guard

Post by GeneralSpeer »

It has been quite a while since I last posted to here but I thought I would just say that things are going well and there have been several updates. First off, the helmet has been printed and the crest is removable for storage. While the photo doesn't show this, the bodywork has been done completely, sanding complete and now its down to getting the paint job done for the blue and then the white/silver design.
The horse hair is also in and I am doing jet black for the color as show. This is probably the most difficult part of the entire build but I have a few ideas for how to secure the hair.
Lastly is the cape and armor. The armor I've gone back and forth on to have it be shiny or in satin/matte finish like the clone armor. Regardless of what the final look is, the armor did develop some cracks due to not enough gluing in areas and I need to redo some of the body work and repaint the armor in general so it is going to go back to its shiny look from before. The cape on the other hand has been fabricated and it fits really well as you can see. So, this costume is moving right along and I am pleased with the progress. Oh, and the boots are also in too which is awesome.
Image Image

Yaffa
TKID: 25999

Post by Yaffa »

Amazing job

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk