Fabric colors

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

TR-21883
TKID: 21883

Fabric colors

Post by TR-21883 »

Hello,

I am working on a senate guard (I already have a ROTS red guard) and would like a second opinion on my fabric colors. The CRL just says that the inner robe fabric should be a lighter blue than the outer robe.

The left is my leather I will be making my gloves from (found on Etsy, purse weight with a little stretch). The top right is the inner robe fabric (found in fabric.com).

The bottom right is my velvet for the outer robe (also found on fabric.com). The color is ‘royal blue’ according to the manufacturer, but ended up being quite a bit lighter in person than on the website.

Second opinion(s) on the velvet - does it need to be darker? We will be taking the velvet to an auto body repair shop for them to mix up a couple cans of paint to match it, so I don’t need to worry about finding a paint to match. I just need to know if I should dig out my 100L dye vat and dye the velvet darker or if it looks good enough. (I’ve contacted my local GML and they said to check here for a second opinion).

Thanks for the feedback!

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Re: Fabric colors

Post by Gree23 »

Any updates on this? I am currently looking to do a Senate Guard as well. Could you tell me where you got your helmet?

TR-21883

Post by TR-21883 »

My helmet is from Christopher Works (it was my birthday present from my husband).

I have not heard anything on this forum about my colors, so no progress on knowing if these will work. My local GML thought it looked close but suggested checking here to verify since we don’t have any others yet, hence the original post.

But, I am not waiting any longer when it looks like I won’t receive a reply. So I have made my inner and outer robes and sash using these colors, and will be getting assistance with pinning so I can hopefully get them hemmed this weekend. I am currently in the process of making my gloves and have one almost done and the other cut out of the leather. The helmet needs some final sanding and then will be ready for priming and painting. My husband took a scrap of my outer robe fabric to the local auto body shop and they are making some custom match spray cans of paint for us so that my colors will match exactly (we did the same thing for my red guard and it worked great).

So by the time we get the custom paint, we will be ready to paint.

mattcamaro
TKID: 11169

Post by mattcamaro »

I will post some pics of the fabrics we have used to make several Senate guards , when I get home, if that helps.

TR-21883

Post by TR-21883 »

I’ve got the helmet sanded and ready for painting

And I used the fabrics pictured to make my robes, which I finished hemming yesterday

And I made gloves

Went to the local auto body repair shop and found a Mitsubishi paint that matches my fabric.

So now all I’ve got left is to wash and paint the helmet and then get the visor in.

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

This certainly is helpful for Senate Guards. Might be worthwhile putting same images in a WIP thread as it's easier to locate. Look forward to seeing this completed.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

mattcamaro
TKID: 11169

Post by mattcamaro »

Nice job

Talmor
TKID: 61212

Post by Talmor »

Nice job! Thanks for the couple of pics. If you see this post more PLEASE! I am in the process of getting my materials together and have a seamstress lined up for my Senate Guard.

Any pitfalls to look out for in your build? I know it seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks and nice job! :tr:

Amanda Mattern
TKID: 30126

Post by Amanda Mattern »

Hi y’all I am #3 female approved senatenguard and first in Texas. For robes I would reach out to Matt and Wendy Darling. They are the ones who did mine and can tell you the exact colors to get
Amanda Mattern
TX #1 Blue
TR 30126

Bjmatt
Former DL
TKID: 12630

Post by Bjmatt »

Looking good cant wait to see it finnished