Ep III Senate Guard WIP

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

jjfarner
TKID: 10409

Ep III Senate Guard WIP

Post by jjfarner »

So, I am on my way to make this happen. I have just gotten back into this from a hiatus due to work and life in general. I REALLY want to be the first Senate Guard in the Tampa Bay area. So, here are some pics of my costume so far...

Just some quick notes, the bucket needs finish sanding, paint and the plume attached. The face shield (lens) needs to still be finish shaped and installed (and some fans, Florida is HOT).

Bucket Pic 1

Bucket Pic 2

Force Pike

I am also looking to find a "biker" blaster for the costume as that is able to be approved also (at least it was last time I checked). I need to revisit the CRL. Just not sure how to carry it (holster, etc.)

Ok, so, I have searched the net for a good "jump suit" to go underneath and this is what I found. I ordered the "Postman Blue" and they shipped the "Electric Blue". Whoops. Here is a link to the actual color I ordered. They should be shipping out the correct color once I get this one sent back.

http://www.awawork.com/ct10pb.html

Here is the material I will be using for the robe, with both arms open, but closed in the back. I have looked at quite a few different types of material and this one is the the best I have found for color and acceptability for the heat of the south. I found it at Jo Ann Fabrics! It actually looks incredibly close to the screen Senate Guards in my humble opinion. It also will give a bit of a "flow" when you walk and hangs very well!

I still need to figure out gauntlets (gloves).

For the boots, I will use the same boots I use for my 501st Imperial Officer. I have both knee high and "ropers".

Tall boots (coveralls tucked in):

Ropers (under the coveralls):

I encourage all comments, questions and suggestions.

I know I am forgetting something...anyways...thanks for any and all input!!!

Well, I guess that is it...I will post more pics when I have some more progress and I will be checking in here more often now that I am back working on this project. :)

Also posted the same thread over on the Rebel Legion at: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... 772#723772
J. Farner
Tampa Bay, FL
TKID 10409

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Ep III Senate Guard WIP

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Gloves would be Navy Blue Leather.

Also I would go with the Purer Blue that is to the left.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

jjfarner

Post by jjfarner »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Gloves would be Navy Blue Leather.

Also I would go with the Purer Blue that is to the left.
Thanks for the advice. I looked at that one, but it appears to be too "bright". I haven't purchased it yet, so I can still modify my final choice.

:trsuit:
J. Farner
Tampa Bay, FL
TKID 10409

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I have some photos of the Senate Guard. I'll look those up and send them your way.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

jjfarner

Post by jjfarner »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I have some photos of the Senate Guard. I'll look those up and send them your way.
THANKS!!!
J. Farner
Tampa Bay, FL
TKID 10409

BloodRayne
TKID: 20791

Post by BloodRayne »

jjfarner wrote:
LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I have some photos of the Senate Guard. I'll look those up and send them your way.
THANKS!!!
Did you finish this in the end? :)
Gianandrea Comandè
''An chéad duine chun ionsaí, an duine deirneach chun cúlú''
First to attack, and last to retreat.

TR/TS/IG/IC/TI-20791