What is a "screen accurate" SG costume??

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Daddy Solo

Re: What is a "screen accurate" SG costume??

Post by Daddy Solo »

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE REPLIES!!!! They are much appreciated. I've been driving myself a bit silly over this issue for the last 2 weeks. In the end, I know my outfit is "acceptable", but I was just considering the possibility of getting even closer than I already am (w/in reason, of course). Last night I looked at purchasing - Dressing a Galaxy Deluxe Edition (it even comes with fabric swatches):

http://www.amazon.com/Dressing-Galaxy-C ... xe+edition

but at 295.00, I figured I'd just continue to make an educated guess. I'm gonna try to get a sample of the Jewel Blue velvet to see what it looks like in person, before I have another go at a new set of robes. I'll be sure to keep you all posted if you'd like. Cheers!

DS

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I got this book with out the swatches and cd for $40.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I got this book with out the swatches and cd for $40.
It's the swatches that I was really interested in. any pics or description of the blue guys in there?

DS

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

Hmmmmmm.... posted this yesterday but it seems as though the forum reset itself. Here goes again - update time!

Sorry for the delay everyone! I've been recovering from foot surgery for the last 2 months so getting around has been a chore. I just picked up my new robes in "Patriot Blue" from my seamstress and I think we've nailed it with these.

Not only do they fit better - tighter shoulders and a wee bit longer (sorry no pics in costume yet as I need help taking them), but here are some new photos of the robes next to my original set in Royal blue and next to my Ep1 lid (painted the correct cobalt blue RAL 5013). I took some pics indoors against a white background (no flash) and outside in bright sunshine. Boy oh boy is getting the correct white balance a pain lol. I'll post pics all suited up when I can. WARNING - PIC HEAVY!
I'll post a few screengrabs for reference. Discuss!

patriot blue (left) royal blue (right):

outside royal (left) patriot (right):

reference:

DS

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Very, very nice indeed. Your patience and had work has certainly paid off.
Iain

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Looks great!

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

thanks guys!

DS