For the Senate, For the Republic

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Daddy Solo

For the Senate, For the Republic

Post by Daddy Solo »

It's official - I'm in as EpIII !!!!

Now all I have to do is mod the crest, add the plumes, and (the best part) remove the darn visor- I want Ep I baaaaaad. Don't worry TK IAIN, you're still the gold standard by which all others are judged. Thanks all for your help and input thus far!

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costum ... 7s+profile

Image Image

DS

TK IAIN

Re: For the Senate, For the Republic

Post by TK IAIN »

Gotta luv a dude in blue! :D
Iain

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

If I did a RL costume that would be a great one. Nice job!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Well done!

The only thing to make it even better would be a darker visor so people can't see your face.

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

stripes wrote:Well done!

The only thing to make it even better would be a darker visor so people can't see your face.
Thanks all ! I agree. The visor is actually pretty dark black, but looks brownish and more translucent due to the camera flash. Ultimately, I plan on modding the helmet w/ plumes and removing the visor all together, to make it more ep I.

DS

Mieal Deneb

Post by Mieal Deneb »

As one of the costume judges that judges these, I gotta say I was VERY pleased to see how accurate your costume is. The robe with arm openings is done the proper way! Kudos to you! You wouldn't believe how many people come through the costume queue with "poncho" style robes, which are essentially a piece of long fabric with a hole in the middle for the head. :geez:

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

Mieal Deneb wrote:As one of the costume judges that judges these, I gotta say I was VERY pleased to see how accurate your costume is. The robe with arm openings is done the proper way! Kudos to you! You wouldn't believe how many people come through the costume queue with "poncho" style robes, which are essentially a piece of long fabric with a hole in the middle for the head. :geez:
Thank you so much for the compliment! I spent so much time researching this character and once I saw the extra pics/vid of the blue guy on the Blu-ray bonus disc, I was able to nail this down. I just recently upgraded my force pike to a metal one by Cabbagefarmer and it rocks!! I plan on using it for troops where guns/blasters are not allowed.

As for the helmet, we both know that the SP version is far from perfect, but it is passable. I'm actually in the process of modding a 2nd raw crest I got, to add plumes and finally get rid of that darn visor. I'll keep you posted!

DS

Mieal Deneb

Post by Mieal Deneb »

Yes, the plumed/no visor version would be ideal especially for hot events. I'd love to see your progress when you get to working on it. How much was the force pike from Cabbagefarmer? Do they have a website? We're in the middle of making my husband a blaster, but it seems house projects have taken all the warm weather we had...so the blaster will have to wait until spring.

Daddy Solo

Post by Daddy Solo »

Mieal Deneb wrote:Yes, the plumed/no visor version would be ideal especially for hot events. I'd love to see your progress when you get to working on it. How much was the force pike from Cabbagefarmer? Do they have a website? We're in the middle of making my husband a blaster, but it seems house projects have taken all the warm weather we had...so the blaster will have to wait until spring.

Cabbagefarmer is a member here. The pike I purchased from him is ridonkulously awesome (and he's a heck of a nice guy to deal with)!!! Hurry, He's only got one left.

http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1187

progress on the crest/plumes you say? man, what a mess to do!

Image Image Image Image

Now on to do more bondo repair and mount the modified crest onto the helmet. Wish me luck. On another note, I was watching AOTC yesterday. I didn't realize that The SG's still had the plumes in Ep II.
Last edited by Daddy Solo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

DS

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Evolution is done in baby steps ;)
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard