Helmet Visor

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Jörg81
TKID: 16781

Helmet Visor

Post by Jörg81 »

Hey Guys!

As I am working on a EP III Senate Guard at the moment, I am searching on a source for the Helmet visor - Any suggestions, who is doing the visors?
What material do I have to use by doing on my own?

Thanks!

Jörg

TK IAIN

Re: Helmet Visor

Post by TK IAIN »

Howdy Bud!

When I did mine I used acetate sheet and it worked a treat. Freely available online and shoud'nt cost more that £/$ 5:00.

Then used that stuff that tints car wondows to darken it.Two layers was enough to darken so my eyes/face can't be seen. Bitch to use though and you will waste a wee bit before you get it right!
Iain

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Be careful, if you're using window tinting you need to make sure you've got the visor in place before applying the tint, if you do the tinting first and then bend the visor you'll end up with tons of bubbles.

Danielandre77

Post by Danielandre77 »

Is there anybody that knows what size the visor should be?
Should it be dark red or black(smoke)?
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Danielandre77 wrote:Is there anybody that knows what size the visor should be?
Should it be dark red or black(smoke)?
For the prequel blue guard... the visor is black

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

The size would be dictated by the helmet opening - have noticed some slight (very slight in some cases) variation in the open part of the face.

Try some stiff, but not too stiff card to make a template and then you can use the template to cut whatever material you decide to use for your visor.

Like I have said previously I used acetate sheet which was nice and flexible and very easier to glue into place on the inside of the lid. I did have 1.5 & 2mm acrylic at the beginning but quickly shelved that idea as there was no way I was having that stuff under tension so close to my face and more importantly my eyes hence the much safer acetate.

I even ended up using the same stuff for the visor in my Royal Guard lid when the original visor got damaged and it's a damn site cheaper than having to fork out for the acrylic visors all the time.
Iain

Jörg81
TKID: 16781

Post by Jörg81 »

Thanks for the plenty of answers on my question :D

I will try the acetate sheet solution, as I also have a helmet provided by Amy and it seems to be an easier way, visor could be fitted in. (also on my fixed Royal Guard helmet, as the old one - including visor - got accidentally broken a few months ago...)

So long Guys - I will keep you infomed.