Senate Guard 'Plumed' Helmet (It Begins)

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

TK IAIN

Re: Senate Guard 'Plumed' Helmet (It Begins)

Post by TK IAIN »

JesterTDA wrote:You've done an amazing job! This looks fantastic and I expect that not only have you learned a lot about fabrication but also WAY more than you wanted to learn about hair care products.

Vidal Sasoon does'nt have a look in anymore! :D
Iain

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Last wee update before the big one (been ages since the last one! :( ).

The 'hairy' one goes for painting next week so all goes well the clearance pics will be going in before the end of the month but there is'nt any hurry TBH as this will be getting it's debut at this years Collectormania event in Glasgow (Sunday - 25th August to be specific). Got to wait 'til next week as the back and neck are still knackered (was off work for nearly two weeks and bored stiff after one day) so driving is really a no-no.

So! The next post will have the lid in all it's painted glory with those damn plumes attached.

Many thanks to Jason Kerr over on the UKG for offering his time to paint this helmet!

Lots of pics to follow!
Iain

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Any updates? Absolutely awesome work so far! Wish I could find and afford one of those helmets! I'd love to do the double-plume, but I like the visor-ed version too much and that one doesn't sport the plumes. . . :(

Keep on rocking, man! :tr:
Jonathan 'Squirrel' Cardin
TX-4361 FL Garrison, Tampa Bay Sq.
Building a ROTS Guard. . .

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Squirrel wrote:Any updates? Absolutely awesome work so far! Wish I could find and afford one of those helmets! I'd love to do the double-plume, but I like the visor-ed version too much and that one doesn't sport the plumes. . . :( Keep on rocking, man! :tr:

No updates as yet I'm afraid.

I dropped the lid off to my mate Jason and am just waiting for him to have the time to paint it at his brother's auto shop. I cannot wait to see it finally finished after over a year and to my knowledge it is the only one with real horse hair in the plumes.

I have been told by the SG's around the world that their climates with the humidity (surprised that USA was at the top of that list) would destroy real horse hair plumes so for once I am actually glad of the often miserable British weather.

Not to worry though because as soon as I get the lid back pictures will be posted up. :P
Iain

Danielandre77

Post by Danielandre77 »

Could you check what coulor code they are using?
TK IAIN wrote:
Squirrel wrote:Any updates? Absolutely awesome work so far! Wish I could find and afford one of those helmets! I'd love to do the double-plume, but I like the visor-ed version too much and that one doesn't sport the plumes. . . :( Keep on rocking, man! :tr:

No updates as yet I'm afraid.

I dropped the lid off to my mate Jason and am just waiting for him to have the time to paint it at his brother's auto shop. I cannot wait to see it finally finished after over a year and to my knowledge it is the only one with real horse hair in the plumes.

I have been told by the SG's around the world that their climates with the humidity (surprised that USA was at the top of that list) would destroy real horse hair plumes so for once I am actually glad of the often miserable British weather.

Not to worry though because as soon as I get the lid back pictures will be posted up. :P
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

I will indeed when I see Jason again! :P
Iain

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Just had word back from my mate Jason and the lid will be in my hands by this time next week. :D

So nearly at the end of this little project and now I have'nt a clue as to what I am going to do next! ;)

Standby for pictures!
Iain

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Well! Here it is at last.

My mate Jason kindly handed over the painted Senate Guard helmet to a very happy bunny in the shape of moi! :D

I couldn't wait to get home to have a damn good look at it and get those plumes in their slots at last. The pictures that follow are just to show what the lid looks like without any major preparation of the plumes themselves (they have basically just been stuck in their respective slots). Got a teeny bit of work to do to the plumes in preparation of getting the clearance pictures in.

They need a damn good brush as the hairspray that was applied all those weeks/months ago has gone all powdery but hat won't take too long to get sorted. Just need to give them their final 'angled' appearance and many thanks to Glen's missus Mary who suggested that hair straighteners would do the trick and she very kindly loaned me two pairs of the hair doodads! ;)

So! Will be working on the 'hairy' one tomorrow and over the weekend and I hope to have it ready to have the main pictures taken by this Sunday if all goes well. Like I said the plumes are just bunged in there temporarily and just to give an impression as to what this lid will finally look like in a couple of days!.

ImageImage

Just that final teensy-weensy step to take and this lid will at last be completed.

My heartfelt thanks to Jason for once again doing a stunning paint job on what is now my pride and joy. And thanks again to Mary for those hair thingies.

This is going to look freakin' awesome when finally joined up with the fabulous Senate Guard costume that Fran Parson over on the UKG forums made for me.
Iain

lordzacharious
TKID: 9787

Post by lordzacharious »

Ugh, now you have me wanting to make one of these!!!

I have been watching this for awhile, glad to finally see it painted. You have done an incredible job with this.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

So nice!