Questions on CRL development

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Questions on CRL development

Post by stripes »

I will be perfectly blunt here...

1. Typing out "get on with it already" does absolutely nothing to encourage anyone to want to do anything more than they are already volunteering to do.

2. A call for input has been made numerous times and all that detachment command has received is crickets here on the forum. If you are so very eager for this costume, why is it there has been little to no discussion here where it should be?

3. While it is great that there is enthusiasm, the fact is we are not rushing something out just for the sake of saying there is a CRL. If other detachments wish to do so, that is their prerogative.

4. The movie itself has only been out since the later part of December 2017 and prior to the release little to no imagery of this costume was published. This is nothing like the The first order TK or the shore trooper that were on display multiple times at major conventions where full 360 degree hi-res photos were readily available months before the movie was ever released.

Now, all that said, if you are so very eager to have a CRL worked on, I strongly suggest you put your actions where your mouth is and start contributing instead of being outright demanding of the detachment staff volunteers.

Cybermew3
TKID: 5973

Post by Cybermew3 »

For whatever reasons, I understand tension and emotions may be running high for both sides regarding this.

I feel it would be a timely reminder for all involved to reflect on how the typed words may be received before posting, lest what can be a good conversation actually degrade (which it has not, yet may fairly quickly).

TR - 5973 (ROTJ)
Dylan "Norbitt" Saunders
Redback Garrison
2014 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - PR Team
2018 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - COG

Lee_C_77
TKID: 22510

Post by Lee_C_77 »

stripes wrote:I will be perfectly blunt here...

1. Typing out "get on with it already" does absolutely nothing to encourage anyone to want to do anything more than they are already volunteering to do.

Agreed 100%, this point has been made.

2. A call for input has been made numerous times and all that detachment command has received is crickets here on the forum. If you are so very eager for this costume, why is it there has been little to no discussion here where it should be?

Agreed that discussion should be on here. Unfortunately Facebook seems to be king these days. People want the instant response that Facebook gives. Hence the drop in traffic across all detachments and boards. Sadly, the days of keeping all the info and discussion in 1 place are long gone.

3. While it is great that there is enthusiasm, the fact is we are not rushing something out just for the sake of saying there is a CRL. If other detachments wish to do so, that is their prerogative.

If something had been rushed out, it would be done already. Not sure what point you’re making here. It’s obvious that it isn’t being rushed out.

4. The movie itself has only been out since the later part of December 2017 and prior to the release little to no imagery of this costume was published. This is nothing like the The first order TK or the shore trooper that were on display multiple times at major conventions where full 360 degree hi-res photos were readily available months before the movie was ever released.

They were. But the photos that were take. In LA by Luke and Dawn are almost as good as the ones taken of the shoretrooper and FOTK.

Now, all that said, if you are so very eager to have a CRL worked on, I strongly suggest you put your actions where your mouth is and start contributing instead of being outright demanding of the detachment staff volunteers.
I’d like to. What more can people do to assist. It’s pointless posting photos of the costume as they will not be as good as the high res ones from LA.
Maybe if the parts of the crl that are ready are posted, the remaining parts can be worked on by others.
I’m not sure why the draft by Dawn can’t be used as a starting point.
UK Garrison Praetorian Guard Armourer

First and only cleared Praetorian in the UK

NitroSpartacus
Detachment Executive Officer
TKID: 82065

Post by NitroSpartacus »

I for one appreciate all the hard work everyone is doing. Is there any possibility that we could reach out to Michael Kaplan or anyone on his team? Seems far fetched, but hey someone should say it.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

With all the costumes that are made in the movies. It really honestly be hard for them to "remember" what said fabric was from one of a thousand costumes in th movie.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

NitroSpartacus
Detachment Executive Officer
TKID: 82065

Post by NitroSpartacus »

Agreed, I'm just saying it's worth a shot. I would definitely expect nothing out of it, but if we get any response it keeps us moving forward.

Lee_C_77
TKID: 22510

Post by Lee_C_77 »

Just a polite request if there are any updates on the thoughts of the research on skirt fabric and under garments that a few of us have been doing. I’d like to get the soft parts done to go with the hard parts that are finished. Thanks.
UK Garrison Praetorian Guard Armourer

First and only cleared Praetorian in the UK

Iceman
TKID: 31779

Post by Iceman »

Hi guys,

CRLs are online :D

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Note tho, from Michael Ren:

"Please be informed however that this (CRL in the Databank) is a heavily toned down version of the CRL that was originally written by James Fox and myself. "

So I think there'll be a more detailed CRL that will be posted here on forcepike soon.

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

Foxhound621
TKID: 62621

Post by Foxhound621 »

That's correct, I wrote a crazily detailed CRL that listed every detail on the kit with picture referances to all details described. But from what I understand, that level of accuracy is for detachment level only, not CRL.

And these details are present on my kit