Questions on CRL development

Mitthrawnuruodo
TKID: 13525

Re: Questions on CRL development

Post by Mitthrawnuruodo »

The hero/stunt versions is a good idea.
Would they be two separate CRLs or one CRL and just listing the hero version is made from X material and stunt is made from Y material?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Mitthrawnuruodo wrote:The hero/stunt versions is a good idea.
Would they be two separate CRLs or one CRL and just listing the hero version is made from X material and stunt is made from Y material?
If this route is taken it will be completely separate CRLs the same as the FISD CRLs for TKs

Mitthrawnuruodo
TKID: 13525

Post by Mitthrawnuruodo »

stripes wrote:
Mitthrawnuruodo wrote:The hero/stunt versions is a good idea.
If this route is taken it will be completely separate CRLs the same as the FISD CRLs for TKs
Cool, I figured as much but didn't want to just assume. Thanks for the info. Very excited to see these CRLs happen.

Foxhound621
TKID: 62621

Post by Foxhound621 »

Based on my experience with my kit, I don't think a stunt version of the kit is necessary. The mobility and flexibility provided by the kit are fine, I'm pretty sure they just used digital effect to cause the troopers to fly and hit the ground... not an actual stunt kit

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Foxhound621 wrote:Based on my experience with my kit, I don't think a stunt version of the kit is necessary. The mobility and flexibility provided by the kit are fine, I'm pretty sure they just used digital effect to cause the troopers to fly and hit the ground... not an actual stunt kit
As per the costume designer's interview... the kits were fully functional and no digital effects were made with the costumes. The only digital was to add the lighting post filming.

seigfreid_striker
TKID: 71837

Post by seigfreid_striker »

Out of curiousity, are the guards going to be separate CRL's based on helmet/weapon, or are they all going to be one with 3 helmet choices and the 4ish weapon choices?

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

seigfreid_striker wrote:Out of curiousity, are the guards going to be separate CRL's based on helmet/weapon, or are they all going to be one with 3 helmet choices and the 4ish weapon choices?
This has yet to be determined as all other armour elements so far appear to be the same. We are currently leaning towards one CRL with explicit details on which pairings of helmet/weapon are acceptable. This may change.

Gaanon
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 45666

Post by Gaanon »

Regarding the armor itself, with the understanding that the armor was made from multiple materials for ease of movement, how is that anticipated to work with the CRL? Will it be mandatory to have the different materials, such as the difference between arm sections and the waist or if someone were to make it all from the same material, say ABS, would that still be acceptable?

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Gaanon wrote:Regarding the armor itself, with the understanding that the armor was made from multiple materials for ease of movement, how is that anticipated to work with the CRL? Will it be mandatory to have the different materials, such as the difference between arm sections and the waist or if someone were to make it all from the same material, say ABS, would that still be acceptable?
As we are developing the CRL we are finding that some sections will need to be made of different materials in order to replicate what has been seen on screen. We are working on identifying what is "mandatory" versus "optional" as not everyone has the resources to custom make silicone or foam latex type material for various components.

seigfreid_striker
TKID: 71837

Post by seigfreid_striker »

What is the "Belt" for the armor? Is it in the bottom of the abdominal section?