Questions on CRL development

seigfreid_striker
TKID: 71837

Post by seigfreid_striker »

**Edited by Admin to include disclaimer**

From Admin:
This post is reserved for questions on the CRL development. As items are researched and details are posted, please ask your questions here so as to prevent clogging up other threads.

Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but, since you are working on the CRL, thought I'd ask - are the weapons going to be based on an absolute height or are they going to be relative to the wearer?

kylo ren
TKID: 13377

Re: Review of ultra hi-res photos

Post by kylo ren »

seigfreid_striker wrote:Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but, since you are working on the CRL, thought I'd ask - are the weapons going to be based on an absolute height or are they going to be relative to the wearer?

All things are approximate. No absolutes are in CRLs. Hope this helps.
Btw the costumers were between 5'8 and 6'2.

kylo ren
TKID: 13377

Post by kylo ren »

Since you seem to be looking for back images.

This is the exact back panels dimetion sizes of the small details and items on the back of the original costume.

https://i.imgur.com/pmnDh5a.jpg

Showing the side closure of the back plate falling behind the front

https://i.imgur.com/3bB6SXv.jpg

Backup ref showing the details above

https://i.imgur.com/ygffLzs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CnFeQQX.jpg

**Edited by admin - changed images to URLs due to huge file size**

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

seigfreid_striker wrote:Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but, since you are working on the CRL, thought I'd ask - are the weapons going to be based on an absolute height or are they going to be relative to the wearer?
As per 501st rules for costume approval, no weapon will be a mandatory part of the approval process.

That being said, the size of the weapon should be commiserate to the height of the individual costumer, the same as the forcepike is.
Someone who is 5'2" will not have the same length weapon as someone who is 6'4". The ratio to their respective height should be maintained however so as to provide a consistent appearance.

We will be detailing what weapon goes with each version as these weapons are locked to the type of guard.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

This post is reserved for questions on the CRL development. As items are researched and details are posted, please ask your questions here so as to prevent clogging up other threads.

stripes
Former DL

Re: Questions on CRL development

Post by stripes »

One question came up about construction and it led to a discussion amongst detachment command. This discussion lead to the possibility of having more than one CRL... proposed as follows:

Version 1 - Hero
This version is comprised of all pieces being of very high detail and fully made out of hard plastic. All details must be present in each segment of the armour as noted in the findings of the hi-res image review

Version 2 - Stunt
This version is comprised of all pieces being of the same detail level as the Hero version, but instead made out of cast foam and vinyl.

Both versions would require a full colour match from head to toe to match on screen references. This includes fabric matching paint and vice versa.

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

One thing I'm wondering is if we will have separate entries for each variant of the guards.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Starwarsgeek18 wrote:One thing I'm wondering is if we will have separate entries for each variant of the guards.
At this stage, no. The armour on the body is appearing to be consistent with the only differences being found in the helmets and weapons associated thereunto. If as we review these we find discrepancies or a reason for multiple CRLs based on a specific type, we will break things apart then.

seigfreid_striker
TKID: 71837

Post by seigfreid_striker »

kylo ren wrote:

Let me rephrase it - Using the voulge - the shaft of the voulge is about the same height as the user with the blade above. If I assume the actor was 6'2" that would make the weapon somewhere around 6'8" (all numbers are guesstimates). Would the requirement be a standard height, like the e11 or using the blade taller than the shaft?

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

seigfreid_striker wrote:
kylo ren wrote:

Let me rephrase it - Using the voulge - the shaft of the voulge is about the same height as the user with the blade above. If I assume the actor was 6'2" that would make the weapon somewhere around 6'8" (all numbers are guesstimates). Would the requirement be a standard height, like the e11 or using the blade taller than the shaft?
The weapons will need to be proportionally sized to the individual. There will not be one set dimension