SL-13377 Dawn Brights Pratorian Guard Breakdown

Foxhound621
TKID: 62621

Re: SL-13377 Dawn Brights Pratorian Guard Breakdown

Post by Foxhound621 »

Sascha_Wilsing wrote:
Foxhound621 wrote:That needs a bit of work done to it before that'll be the CRL
I think if Detachment staff said we will look over it, it is not on you to say what is CRL worthy or not.
And you have allready been warned to keep a little more patience and post less destructive and unworthy things.
We appreciate help but will keep away from posts that are in no way constructive.
So lets Staff handle this please.
I've informed Stephen and Leigh of the issues with refernaces of the screen used kit, thanks though. There's nothing wrong with the work of the kit builder, it's a problem with the kit and the details of it that don't match the 8k reference photos of the kit, that's the issue ;-)

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Foxhound621 wrote:
Sascha_Wilsing wrote:
I think if Detachment staff said we will look over it, it is not on you to say what is CRL worthy or not.
And you have allready been warned to keep a little more patience and post less destructive and unworthy things.
We appreciate help but will keep away from posts that are in no way constructive.
I've informed Stephen and Leigh of the issues with refernaces of the screen used kit, thanks though. There's nothing wrong with the work of the kit builder, it's a problem with the kit and the details of it that don't match the 8k reference photos of the kit, that's the issue ;-)
OK. Enough is enough here. Foxhound621 has received a one week forum ban for continuing on with non-constructive content.

Axiscommander
TKID: 47606

Post by Axiscommander »

a photo on the build group on facebook showed that part H of the sleeve was also a soft flexible material

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1
Standing at the back, or dirty in the sand

EwokAdventure

Post by EwokAdventure »

This looks amazing! I'm looking into starting my very first approval-able costume asap, so if any of you can help me with getting into contact with the right people for molds,sewing, weapons etc. for this build I would greatly appreciate it!

Mad_wolffe
TKID: 27414

Post by Mad_wolffe »

How is your strapping and rigging set up?

kylo ren
TKID: 13377

Post by kylo ren »

Mad_wolffe wrote:How is your strapping and rigging set up?

Paracord! The original is as well :)

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

Foxhound621 wrote:
Sascha_Wilsing wrote:

Agree. Which is why I did a ton of work and bondo on my kit. I also sent jim exact measurements on some parts. Please go over my images i posted and my wording and tell me what exactly is wrong with the parts I posted? I'd appreciate the feedback. It would be helpful.

I am using multiple sources.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

i am in the process of reviewing ultra hi-res photos and doing a lot of research for this costume as part of the CRL development. There are a number of details on every single arm section that I do not believe are in any of the builds I have seen to date (I will be posting more on this in a separate thread this week), as well as some insight from the original costume designers pointing out that the costume was fully practical and had to be able to withstand full stunt work and falls with no damage as well as be lightweight (originals are made from cat foam that has been painted)

You've done a great job for a first go, but there is still a long road ahead before we have the first approvable costume ready

Foxhound621
TKID: 62621

Post by Foxhound621 »

I'd like to, but I'd like to refrain from being banned again for sharing my opinion, so I'll let detachment staff take a look at it....

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

Made some edits

added and took out some details to the mock up.

Added images from FIDM