Skirt dimensions

Michael Ren
TKID: 16591

Skirt dimensions

Post by Michael Ren »

Hello all, based on my own research and now confirmed by the Hot Toys Praetorian Guard, I can present you with the accurate dimensions for the skirt panels:

Front panel & back panel are identical, with the back panel having a vertical seam down the center.
These panels are 69-70 cm on the bottom and are half of the circumference of the bottom of the ab section on top (59 cm on Jim's kit).

Side panels are 51-52 cm on the bottom and meet at the vertical grooves in the ab section on the top (34-35 cm on Jim's kit).

All 4 panels are trapezoid, the side panels obviously more extreme than the front and back, which are more rectangular.

Some additional info:
- Skirts are held up by suspenders in the same twill weave calvary wool as the skirt. They are +/- 3 cm wide so they can be covered entirely by the shoulder part of the chest and back armor.
- Skirts are full beneath the ab armor by means of cushions on the hips and buttocks. These can be seen in the Throne Room scene and are confirmed on the Hot Toys figure.

Any more questions: shoot!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Skirt dimensions

Post by stripes »

Michael Ren wrote:Hello all, based on my own research and now confirmed by the Hot Toys Praetorian Guard, I can present you with the accurate dimensions for the skirt panels:

Front panel & back panel are identical, with the back panel having a vertical seam down the center.
These panels are 69-70 cm on the bottom and are half of the circumference of the bottom of the ab section on top (59 cm on Jim's kit).

Side panels are 51-52 cm on the bottom and meet at the vertical grooves in the ab section on the top (34-35 cm on Jim's kit).

All 4 panels are trapezoid, the side panels obviously more extreme than the front and back, which are more rectangular.

Some additional info:
- Skirts are held up by suspenders in the same twill weave calvary wool as the skirt. They are +/- 3 cm wide so they can be covered entirely by the shoulder part of the chest and back armor.
- Skirts are full beneath the ab armor by means of cushions on the hips and buttocks. These can be seen in the Throne Room scene and are confirmed on the Hot Toys figure.

Please keep in mind these dimensions will be dependent on one's physique and the build. There are no set dimensions for every single body type out there.

Michael Ren
TKID: 16591

Re: Skirt dimensions

Post by Michael Ren »

stripes wrote:
Michael Ren wrote:Hello all, based on my own research and now confirmed by the Hot Toys Praetorian Guard, I can present you with the accurate dimensions for the skirt panels:

Some additional info:

Please keep in mind these dimensions will be dependent on one's physique and the build. There are no set dimensions for every single body type out there.
These are the dimensions for a Guard that is the same height as the ones in the movie 5'8-5'10.
The only real factor that has to be considered is the ab section. If you use Jim's standard ab section, uncut and original, then these are the correct measurements. For his XL ab section, or a custom ab section, alterations can be made, but they should only be a few cm max. The ab section is restrictive with regard to which body types will fit the costume.