Praetorian Guard Shirt / Neck area garment

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Praetorian Guard Shirt / Neck area garment

Post by stripes »

kylo ren wrote:The shiny cracked resin is all over the images. I see it in this one it's just not as clear as the rest of the images. But it's very much there. :)
There is a great deal of discussion with the recent release of the fabric swatch by LFL licensee Topps as this contradicts this claim.

Lee_C_77
TKID: 22510

Post by Lee_C_77 »

kylo ren wrote:Those images from the EU premier.. Are those costumers or a plastic statue.

They’re real costumes, not statues. Also, the shirt doesn’t appear to have a hood on it. At one stage, you could see the top of the collar from behind.
UK Garrison Praetorian Guard Armourer

First and only cleared Praetorian in the UK

kylo ren
TKID: 13377

Post by kylo ren »

Ive looked at what I have again. the hood is attached inset to the shirt as I mentioned however its made of the same resin coated fabric as the shirt

Also here are some closeups of the resin cloth

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

Lee_C_77 wrote:
kylo ren wrote:Those images from the EU premier.. Are those costumers or a plastic statue.

They’re real costumes, not statues. Also, the shirt doesn’t appear to have a hood on it. At one stage, you could see the top of the collar from behind.

Wait. You mentioned those real costumes from the premier.. are you talking about these??

Hope this helps

If so I get what happened! These are Disney guys. :) The costumes are "Parks costumes" I originally thought they were anovos. I had a long in-depth conversation at the premier about them. They are about as accurate as Kylo here ..which isnt accurate at all :/

They let us hang off of them and touch them all over the place. I promise there is a 0 percent chance that would happen if that were a real costume.

https://i.imgur.com/anjg9t8.jpg

Here's me with one of the guards

Last edited by kylo ren on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

stripes wrote:
kylo ren wrote:The shiny cracked resin is all over the images. I see it in this one it's just not as clear as the rest of the images. But it's very much there. :)
There is a great deal of discussion with the recent release of the fabric swatch by LFL licensee Topps as this contradicts this claim.

I saw that. Its also very very wrong :P

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

kylo ren wrote:
stripes wrote:

I saw that. Its also very very wrong :P
Sorry, but I'm far more inclined to go with fabric from and LFL licensee than your opinion... unless you have some sort of LFL credentials you'd like to share with everyone

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Again, as posted in the pants thread... the gloves are leather... the shirt and pants are not. Can't cross reference two very different materials like this when building a CRL. Sorry

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

I believe you missed my point. I was showing that they put the wrong fabric on the card sir....

The shirt is a coated resin cloth. Its fabric

the pants are a neoprene coated resin cloth. Its fabric

the glove are leather.

I never stated otherwise :)

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

kylo ren wrote:I believe you missed my point. I was showing that they put the wrong fabric on the card sir....

The shirt is a coated resin cloth. Its fabric

the pants are a neoprene coated resin cloth. Its fabric

the glove are leather.

I never stated otherwise :)
My point is that the card may be a part of a total design wherein the exposed parts are gaskets similar to how to FOTK is built. We are looking into all resources and options.

My other point is that using a leather texture that has been photoshopped to show a colour change does not do anything to support the kind of fabric that has been used.
We are reviewing all available resources and are cultivating other possible leads to get as much information as possible. This is not a simple "it is this fabric, go get it now" matter.