Praetorian Guard Shirt / Neck area garment

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Praetorian Guard Shirt / Neck area garment

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I agree with the Heat issues on that... I wear a Crimson Empire costume in Texas so heat is something to take in consideration. Have a great day.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Michael Ren
TKID: 16591

Post by Michael Ren »

I agree. Although it would seem that a wetsuit is THE way to be most accurate (and I'll suffer the heat to be more accurate, albeit in my milder, European climate), a scuba fabric with some backing to make it thicker (but more breathable than... well, rubber...) could be an option. Perhaps keep an actual neoprene wetsuit as a higher level requirement?

Lee_C_77
TKID: 22510

Post by Lee_C_77 »

The problem is, there is no L1, 2 or 3 on these boards. It’s all or nothing, hence the time it’s taken to research al avenues.

If it turns out to be a 2 piece wetsuit, maybe the trousers could be replaced with plain black under armour like the TK’s. They are hardly seen anyway.

The top half could be trimmed just above the rib cage and just below the biceps, then possibly worn on top of a red long sleeved under armor top. The only visible parts are the neck and the top of the chest and arms.

I think the above would reduce heat drastically whilst keeping it authentic looking. But then we don’t get the blistering heat in the UK like you do in the states. Florida was too hot in shorts and t shirt!
UK Garrison Praetorian Guard Armourer

First and only cleared Praetorian in the UK

Michael Ren
TKID: 16591

Post by Michael Ren »

Lee_C_77 wrote:The problem is, there is no L1, 2 or 3 on these boards. It’s all or nothing, hence the time it’s taken to research al avenues.

If it turns out to be a 2 piece wetsuit, maybe the trousers could be replaced with plain black under armour like the TK’s. They are hardly seen anyway.

The top half could be trimmed just above the rib cage and just below the biceps, then possibly worn on top of a red long sleeved under armor top. The only visible parts are the neck and the top of the chest and arms.

I think the above would reduce heat drastically whilst keeping it authentic looking. But then we don’t get the blistering heat in the UK like you do in the states. Florida was too hot in shorts and t shirt!
Aha, didn't know that about there being no levels. What you propose is definitely the route I'd take... Same as Anovos did for Kylo's bottom layer (mesh fabric where possible). I ordered some reptilian leather look pants (only small, evenly sized scales) for the pants, that will be a lot cooler than wetsuit pants. Perhaps keep the wetsuit pants for winter outdoor troops only.

Painting wetsuit fabric is definitely doable, so as soon as the CRL team agrees that this is the way to proceed, I'm ordering the one above as well and have at it with paint :D

Lee_C_77
TKID: 22510

Post by Lee_C_77 »

Thought I should add this photo from behind the scenes disc. It shows the hood of the costume being lowered between scenes. This backs up the wetsuit theory. It clearly can’t be removed whilst in costume so must be attached to the shirt. It also looks fairly thick by the way it sits on the actors neck.

UK Garrison Praetorian Guard Armourer

First and only cleared Praetorian in the UK

Jimmiroquai
TKID: 82480

Post by Jimmiroquai »

Amazing work guys! Will do some experiments with the neoprine fabric that we use. Maybe i could come up with a cooler design with mesh windows. What do you think would be the best paint to use? No go on using red colored neoprine? Will try both options i suppose

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Apologies for necro-ing the thread, but now that the CRL is out I wanted to check on the status of these heat adjustments to the undershirt and pants that were being discussed.

Will mesh sections and modifications for ventilation still be accepted?

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

As long as the parts that are seen are the right style. What ever you do that is not seen can be mesh. Some vaders have mesh backs.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard