Pants Fabric

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Pants Fabric

Post by stripes »

kylo ren wrote:Here are my pants showing the same detailing as seen in the high res images. These are resin coated poly

https://i.imgur.com/AP90YjN.jpg
The ultra hi-res I have seen show a smooth non textured black stretch material.... sorry, but this is not correct IMO

kylo ren
TKID: 13377

Post by kylo ren »

Hope this helps hun :)

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

The gloves have been confirmed as leather... as this isn't the material for the pants, it's not a match.... sorry.

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

I already knew this. I am showing that they put wrong things on cards. Something is off. I think you missed what i was trying to show.

The pants are not smooth. You can see the shine and look. That is what i was saying.

The Card has the wrong image on it.

The gloves are smooth leather.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

kylo ren wrote:I already knew this. I am showing that they put wrong things on cards. Something is off. I think you missed what i was trying to show.

The pants are not smooth. You can see the shine and look. That is what i was saying.

The Card has the wrong image on it.

The gloves are smooth leather.
I believe you have also misunderstood... a colour shift of one material when comparing to a completely different material doesn't build the case.

We are exploring all options for what was originally used. This is not something that is a simple matter of "it is this fabric and you can buy it here... go".
This is going to take time to ensure that it is properly developed for a CRL to not only be accurate, but also accessible to people to be able to readily build without spending $1000's on a custom fabric solution.

kylo ren

Post by kylo ren »

I completly agree. However on these pants it a simple 20$ purchase online.

For reference on me and how I build.. this will be my 18th New to the Legion costume between the legions. I always keep such things in mind so others can build their costumes.
I have researched the wazoo out of it :P This fabric isnt hard to find or un-accessible.

Personally for the CRL as I already sent in a proposal. However I think that allowing pants that are uncoated is just fine.

Its a piece thats caught under skirting.

I also wrote the Kylo Ren CRLs and in those we allow for basic black pants. Cause its under skirts. You just plain cant see them.

I think we are misunderstanding each other.

However the shirt and pant material is similar. They are slightly different weaves and slightly different cracked/pebbled looking but coated in much the same way design/look wise.

They look and are possibly coated much the same way as Kylo Rens cape from Ep8.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

kylo ren wrote:I completly agree. However on these pants it a simple 20$ purchase online.

For reference on me and how I build.. this will be my 18th New to the Legion costume between the legions. I always keep such things in mind so others can build their costumes.
I have researched the wazoo out of it :P This fabric isnt hard to find or un-accessible.

Personally for the CRL as I already sent in a proposal. However I think that allowing pants that are uncoated is just fine.

Its a piece thats caught under skirting.

I also wrote the Kylo Ren CRLs and in those we allow for basic black pants. Cause its under skirts. You just plain cant see them.

I think we are misunderstanding each other.

However the shirt and pant material is similar. They are slightly different weaves and slightly different cracked/pebbled looking but coated in much the same way design/look wise.

They look and are possibly coated much the same way as Kylo Rens cape from Ep8.
While I can appreciate your enthusiasm, and that you've submitted a framework for a CRL, I can say that it is incomplete at this time and still requires work.
We are a long way from having a finalized CRL and likely won't be publishing anything until AFTER the blu-ray has been released so that additional screen grabs can be obtained and compared to existing stock images.

I can appreciate that people are excited about this costume, but rushing this is not going to work well for anyone. We are going to make this right and proper out of the gate and not be coming back time and again to revisit and grandfather costumes.

As I previously stated, you've got a great first effort, but this is not ready for legion approval at this stage.