Praetorian samurai build

All versions of the Praetorian Guard from The Last Jedi

Mina88
TKID: 10597

Praetorian samurai build

Post by Mina88 »

Hello
I’m looking to build a praetorian guard (samurai) costume. All going well this will be my second Star Wars costume build. I currently have a boba fett that I am on the third year of building. Kind of stuck waiting for parts before I can continue on that build and submit.

I have a Jim Tripon guard armour kit on order. Looking to get soft part kit for shirt and pants from Streinbrecher designs. I will have a go at making the skirt but suspect I may also get that from Jim. For the Arbir I was looking to get that from Empire 3D.

I am hoping an Aussie Praetorian has an alternative suggestion for the appropriate red paint. Rust oleum safety red is proving hard to import/get. I do already have a vast array of paints from my fett build but suspect none of the reds I already have will suit.

Any pointers and feedback would be really appreciated. :D
Hopefully I will have some pictures to post soon.
Last edited by Mina88 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mina88

Re: Praetorian samurai build

Post by Mina88 »

Very happy to say that the armour arrived today. Beautifully cast and packaged up very securely.

I will say gloves are an absolute must when handling the kit because of the fibreglass shards. I hope to do some sanding over the weekend to take some of the sharp bits off. Hopefully the weather is a little cooler so I do not bake. :)

Fabric for skirt has shipped but is sitting in Miami customs. Hopefully is heading my way soon. Shirt and pants kit are on order from Steinbrecker designs. Lastly will be purchasing gloves and boots from Crow Props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mina88

Post by Mina88 »

Very happy to say that the armour arrived today. Beautifully cast and packaged up very securely.

I will say gloves are an absolute must when handling the kit because of the fibreglass shards. I hope to do some sanding over the weekend to take some of the sharp bits off. Hopefully the weather is a little cooler so I do not bake. :)

Fabric for skirt has shipped but is sitting in Miami customs. Hopefully is heading my way soon. Shirt and pants kit are on order from Steinbrecker designs. Lastly will be purchasing gloves and boots from Crow Props.

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Looks good! You pretty much got the same things I did. Good luck with the build :)

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

Mina88

Post by Mina88 »

Shikkakku wrote:Looks good! You pretty much got the same things I did. Good luck with the build :)
Thank you. I’ve been reading your build thread along with Crisco27 as a reference point. Both have been spectacular and so helpful. :)

I’ve now unboxed the armour and marked out all the components. I’ve also prepped and plasti dipped the first component to see what it is like.

Also for those looking to 3d print. Here is a comparison of a printed file versus the Jim Tripon part. I’ve found that Jim’s fits better and gives more freedom of movement.