Starting a guard.

All versions of the Praetorian Guard from The Last Jedi

ChargingBadger15
TKID: 93018

Starting a guard.

Post by ChargingBadger15 »

Hello,
I have been wondering about joining the 501st for a few years and have always wanted to make a Praetorian Guard since I saw TLJ. Having secured a stable source of income I'm now brainstorming what specifically I want to do but I have a few questions. Any help on these would be appreciated.

1. Is there a ballpark estimate as to the cost of this? Any information on this would be great as it would help me plan out how much I'd have to stash away each month.
2. I have seen Jimmiroquai's armor build and that's what I'm strongly considering along with CrowProps Praetorian Combo Boots and Gloves. Is this the way to go?
3. I do wear glasses and my vision is awful without them. Are there ways to wear glasses in the helmet, and is the air able to vented out well enough as to not fog up my view or would contacts be the way to go?

Thank you for reading this and thanks for leaving a comment if you do. :D

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Re: Starting a guard.

Post by Shikkakku »

ChargingBadger15 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:51 pm Hello,
I have been wondering about joining the 501st for a few years and have always wanted to make a Praetorian Guard since I saw TLJ. Having secured a stable source of income I'm now brainstorming what specifically I want to do but I have a few questions. Any help on these would be appreciated.

1. Is there a ballpark estimate as to the cost of this? Any information on this would be great as it would help me plan out how much I'd have to stash away each month.
2. I have seen Jimmiroquai's armor build and that's what I'm strongly considering along with CrowProps Praetorian Combo Boots and Gloves. Is this the way to go?
3. I do wear glasses and my vision is awful without them. Are there ways to wear glasses in the helmet, and is the air able to vented out well enough as to not fog up my view or would contacts be the way to go?

Thank you for reading this and thanks for leaving a comment if you do. :D
Hi! Praetorian here:
1) My end-costs came to around $2000 for the armour and soft parts, and paint, fiberglass, etc etc. It can add up and its not a cheap costume.
2) Jimmi's armour is the best out there, and Gio (crowprops) boots and gloves are great.
3) I use contacts when I have a bucket, so I can't really comment about glasses. I do know of some guards who wear glasses beneath the helmet, and I'd imagine they fog up like crazy even with fans.

Good luck! If you haven't yet, join the build group on Facebook as well so you get as much advice as is available :)

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

Action Jackson
TKID: 93342

Re: Starting a guard.

Post by Action Jackson »

Hi! Another Praetorian here:

1) I made all three versions of the Guard with three of the four weapons. My end-costs for all this were about 3.500 €. Counted down to one guard with one weapon is around ~2.500 € (all inclusive, but without work time of course)
2) I also got my armour from Jimmi. At first I had gloves from Imperial Boots (they are fine), but I switched to Gio (crowprops). My Boots are from Imperial Boots.
3) I don't wear glasses, so I can't really comment on that. One thing, the kinght helmet is very narrow, I don't think this guard variant is compatible with glasses. Mando and Samurai should fit.
TK-TI-TR-TB-ID 93342 | Garrison Membership Liaison
TK ANH-Stunt | TK ESB | TK FO | TI FO | TR PG | TB RotJ | ID Line Officer