Robe patterns. AOTC, ROTJ, ROTS, R1

Here you will find tutorials on how to make/update/cut costume parts.

jcgardea

Robe patterns. AOTC, ROTJ, ROTS, R1

Post by jcgardea »

Well I looked for the patterns for the robes, and I only found pandora's and starguard's... So I took matters into my own hands and made some patterns, mainly because I wasn't sure what robe/guard I liked the most, so in the process of figuring out I was halfway of doing the other patterns. So I am sharing these with the community, please feel free to comment. These patterns are by no means perfect nor prop or screen accurate, but should be close.
These are what I came up with by looking at several reference photos, and going through some sewing patterns for shirts, robes, capes, coats trying to understand how fabric drapes.

In the end I decided to go for the Rogue One style, but for additional reasons than just the cape style; 1) I really like the wine leather gloves vs. all others, 2) I could get away with black boots that I can share with my Vader build, 3) I really believe a 2nd arm slit should come handy while trooping, 4) I really hate bright red on shoes and gloves with this costume, IMO gloves and shoes should be wine coloured.

I'm sharing the patterns pdf's , just click here.

Image Image

Image Image

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Robe patterns. AOTC, ROTJ, ROTS, R1

Post by stripes »

Topic locked for review by Command. Please be patient while we review these.