Rogue One Royal Guard CRL development.

The imperial royal guard costume as seen in the Rogue One movie.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Rogue One Royal Guard CRL development.

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Janem Menari wrote:I understand, that it takes a lot of Time to develop a CRL. And I'm very thankful for all those participating in the errand to make a proper CRL. But my understanding in this special case is, that we already got what we will ever get on the R1 Guard. I don't think much more will pop up in the near future. In my Opinion we should give it a go with what wie have:

- Helmet: glossy and AotC / RotJ Style
- Outer Robes AotC Style (as we cannot be sure, that there are more openings at the back of the robes)
- Inner Robes and Sash: AotC Style (RotJ Style would also be ok)
- Boots: Black Boots AotC Style
- Gloves: smooth leather suede is not allowed

We don't have much more on this and we did not have much more on the other Guards in the past, too. There are only a few picutres of the AotC Guard and even less on the RoTS Guard. For example: we did not know that the sash of the RotJ has a black stripe until the release of the Cut Szene vor RotJ. So my approach would be, to base the CRL on the AotC Guard and point out the things we know are different (for example the gloves).

As R1 takes Place after ROTS - Red boots will be put into place as the Primary use of shoes. We have the option for folks to get these Red Suede boots unlike previous decades ago. Gloves Are Leather and done in the style of ROTS but are designed lightly larger so they will have their own R1 look. Visor shows to be Red Tint. The style of the robes is sewn more in the style of ROTS than AOTC so ROTS Robes will be used.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:
Janem Menari wrote:I understand, that it takes a lot of Time to develop a CRL. And I'm very thankful for all those participating in the errand to make a proper CRL. But my understanding in this special case is, that we already got what we will ever get on the R1 Guard. I don't think much more will pop up in the near future. In my Opinion we should give it a go with what wie have:

- Helmet: glossy and AotC / RotJ Style
- Outer Robes AotC Style (as we cannot be sure, that there are more openings at the back of the robes)
- Inner Robes and Sash: AotC Style (RotJ Style would also be ok)
- Boots: Black Boots AotC Style
- Gloves: smooth leather suede is not allowed

We don't have much more on this and we did not have much more on the other Guards in the past, too. There are only a few picutres of the AotC Guard and even less on the RoTS Guard. For example: we did not know that the sash of the RotJ has a black stripe until the release of the Cut Szene vor RotJ. So my approach would be, to base the CRL on the AotC Guard and point out the things we know are different (for example the gloves).
As R1 takes Place after ROTS - Red boots will be put into place as the Primary use of shoes. We have the option for folks to get these Red Suede boots unlike previous decades ago. Gloves Are Leather and done in the style of ROTS but are designed lightly larger so they will have their own R1 look. Visor shows to be Red Tint. The style of the robes is sewn more in the style of ROTS than AOTC so ROTS Robes will be used.
Second to this... if everything is identical to an AoTC style guard... why make any distinction between AoTC or R1?? Your proposals make no sense when it comes to the production of a different CRL.

Janem Menari
TKID: 9083

Post by Janem Menari »

My Proposal was to base the R1 Guard Robes on the AotC Guards when it comes to the number of slits, because we don't have any pics of the back of the robes. I did not mean to make it exactly like the AoTC robes as there is no folding on the front. So yes: They are more like the RotS robes but in my opinion, we should make two slits in the front only.

I agree with you that the visor should be red.That's why I said it should be a AoTC style helmet as the RotS Guards have black Visors.

Sorry if my writing was not clear enough,but sometimes it's difficult to articulate yourself in a foreign language. :oops:

As for the boots: They are looking more like black to me, but we cannot be sure. Making black boots optional would be a possible cause of action. But as I have a RotJ Guard I always liked the red boots better anyway. ;)

Gloves: I totally agree.

So I agree with you in many points. I just don't understand why it can't be published yet... I would really like to see it happen soon. :cry:

vernemer
TKID: 22296

Post by vernemer »

Janem Menari wrote:
As for the boots: They are looking more like black to me, but we cannot be sure. Making black boots optional would be a possible cause of action. But as I have a RotJ Guard I always liked the red boots better anyway. ;)
If we cannot be sure, then why should it be red boots? I haven't seen any picture yet that would indicate red boots for sure.
Same with the back of the robe.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

R1 happens between RotS (Red boots) and RotJ (Red boots).
So there is a really really small chance that they changed to black boots just for R1.

vernemer

Post by vernemer »

Sascha_Wilsing wrote:R1 happens between RotS (Red boots) and RotJ (Red boots).
So there is a really really small chance that they changed to black boots just for R1.
Sorry, but any „historical“ arguments are invalid, the only source should be the movie reference. One could also point out that these guards could be special „Vader-Guards“ as we all know from the deleted scene from ROTJ that the loyalty of the „common Guard“ is towards the emperor only.
And Vader-guards have black boots and no slits on the back as we all know... ;)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Please refrain from topic baiting. Thank you.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

vernemer

Post by vernemer »

is this not the place to discuss the subject?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

vernemer wrote:is this not the place to discuss the subject?
You have been warned to not bait/flame in the topic. This is your final warning. Further baiting will result in forum privileges being revoked for a period of time - ADMIN

Janem Menari
TKID: 9083

Post by Janem Menari »

Hi... Ahm any news on this topic? As far as I read back in April the decision was made to use red boots and a RotS Robe. Even though I'm still not convinced of the RotS Robes as I simply cannot see the slits in the back of the robes in the movie, I don't understand why this CRL cannot be published?

The red boots I can live with. The Picture Reference from the movie is very bad. And one can really not be 100% sure that the boots are black. So red boots would be fine with me. I still propose to make the black boots optional but that is you decision to make.

You made you points as to why you want the CRL to be written like you did and although some of us are not happy with that... That should not be a showstopper for the CRL, should it not?

So I would be very thankful for a statement in this matter. :)