Rogue One Royal Guard CRL development.

The imperial royal guard costume as seen in the Rogue One movie.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Rogue One Royal Guard CRL development.

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

This will be for gathering photos for the Rogue One Guards seen in the movie. Along with Working on Litature for the Costume CRL for this version of the guard.

1. Helmet will be done in the style of Rotj Royal Guard. Gloss Red Finish with Red Lense for visor. (Can be substituted for Mirror Red Visor to hide the costumers eyes from public.
2. Burgundy Gauntlet style gloves that go up to forearm.
3. ROTS style Outer robes with more defined Shoulder Pleats.
4. ROTS style Underrobes Gaberdine fabric
5. Red Suede boots in style of ROTS or ROTJ (Can be substituted for Black Boots for large foot size.)
6. Weapon to be Designed in the style of the Prequel Forcepike.

Will be getting a scan of the photo for closer detailing.

*Side Note AOTC Helmets are based on ROTJ helmets.
** Side Note TFU Helmets are based on ROTS helmets.
Last edited by LuciousTalvloinne on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Hilldegar
TKID: 85018

Re: Rogue One Royal Guard CRL development.

Post by Hilldegar »

I'm sorry but I don't agree the helmet looks like AOTC, that is the really gloss version of the helmet I think.

Ă‚ÂżROTS outer robes? To me they look like AOTC again but with the cut for the sleeves in the front part. Has it got 4 slits?

I can't see the underrobes :? Neither the boots but they don't look like red suede boots.

Okay to the gaunlets,pike and visor.

Thanks sincerely for the pictures , maybe more images could help to decipher a good CRL for everyone.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Hilldegar wrote:Thanks sincerely for the pictures , maybe more images could help to decipher a good CRL for everyone.
Seeing as the Royal Guards were in the movie for about 5-seconds around the screen capture he referenced, they don't move, and there is only the forward facing perspective, I don't see how we could easily confirm with images what each part was. Unless we are going to get information from a direct source (costume designer?) are there going to be many reference sources possible to confirm all that would be needed? Sash, if slits exist in the back, and other parts are going to be hard to confirm from movie references.

Based on the way they had Vader in Rogue One, with bits from across the movies episodes including ANH, ROTJ, and some new parts, it doesn't necessarily show a logical progression across the series.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Its all a work of compiling information as we get it. The fact that there was somewhat of a forward photo of the R1 guard from chest up is a stride in the right direction.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Jpizzino
TKID: 10579

Post by Jpizzino »

From this picture you can see that the cloak looks to be more than 1inch off of the ground. Also that it has the ATOC look to it because of the two arm slits.

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

Looking at the guard on the left. With the way they are holding their arms (out in front) makes me think there are no slits in the back. Unless the slits were really well blended you would expect to see a spot where it didn't curl around quite as smoothly when they have their arms out. But when I look at the shoulders and the way it goes around the arm to the back it looks pretty seamless/smooth. Gives me the impression that there are none back there. Now, I'm definitely not a robe expert so I could be way off.

Visor, Pike, helmet, gloves, pleats, and gabardine material on inner robe, I agree with LuciousTalvloinne

For the boots when looking at the right guards left foot, I think agree they are red. It gets pretty pixelated, but they definitely are brighter than you would expect from a black boot. As to material, I can't tell that.

I didn't see anything that gave indication that a sash/belt is there either. Is it assumed not there, until it's proven to exist?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

cooldevo wrote:Looking at the guard on the left. With the way they are holding their arms (out in front) makes me think there are no slits in the back. Unless the slits were really well blended you would expect to see a spot where it didn't curl around quite as smoothly when they have their arms out. But when I look at the shoulders and the way it goes around the arm to the back it looks pretty seamless/smooth. Gives me the impression that there are none back there. Now, I'm definitely not a robe expert so I could be way off.

WHEN saying like ROTS it's the way the robe seam is done on the shoulders. AOTC robes over lay on the back robes.

Visor, Pike, helmet, gloves, pleats, and gabardine material on inner robe, I agree with LuciousTalvloinne

For the boots when looking at the right guards left foot, I think agree they are red. It gets pretty pixelated, but they definitely are brighter than you would expect from a black boot. As to material, I can't tell that.

I didn't see anything that gave indication that a sash/belt is there either. Is it assumed not there, until it's proven to exist?
All guards in the movies have a sash. So that's more flowing with the consistency of the inner robes.

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

Apologies for the confusion, I commented on some of your points as well as gave my take on the question from Hilldegar about the number of slits. Probably should have provided better references as to what I was speaking to as opposed to just mashing it all together.

Hilldegar
TKID: 85018

Post by Hilldegar »

It is true that AOTC helmet is based om ROTJ helmet at least the design but the paint work are quite different. To me AOTC paint work is more brilliant, reflective and more shining while ROTJ is a bit matte in comparison...please look at the pictures taken from the movies to check what I mean, for that reason I said that the helmet was similar to AOTC.

The outer robes could be like a ROTS but with two slits at least from this point of view but I have seen many AOTC guards in this detachment and even toys with that seam on shoulders. Before Starguard patterns almost every AOTC guard had a outer robe like that one and it is possible to see it in many photos.

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

That one tiny little scene really felt like a cut. I have the distinct feeling that when either the extended version, or the extra deleted scenes are available, we will get more.