Getting Screws out of Rubies Visor

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

yourscout
TKID: 51880

Getting Screws out of Rubies Visor

Post by yourscout »

Getting screws out of the rubies helmet

Does anyone have a good way to get these screws out? No screwdriver is working, afraid to use pliers since they might scratch or damage the helmet, making it so I cant return it.

iceknyght
TKID: 81175

Re: Getting Screws out of Rubies Visor

Post by iceknyght »

I just did this and ended up having to cut/break the visor. :( All the screws came out fine except the top one, which I ended up stripping... I then cut the visor out around that one screw and was able to get the screw out with some needle nose pliers...

So to answer you're question, no... LOL! But, definitely make sure the screwdriver you're using is small and fits the small screw top (not too big/small), cause I think having a slightly big screwdriver head on top of the screw being tightened tightly made stripping it super easy to do...

Talmor
TKID: 61212

Re: Getting Screws out of Rubies Visor

Post by Talmor »

Hope you got it out!

Mine came out back in the day with a small screwdriver and some light pressure (constant) the whole time. Screws were not in that deep.

In fact, I re-used 2 screws up top with my new lens and it kept the bottom 'open' to allow some nice COOL refreshing airflow in and seriously helped with the fogging up issue! :trsuit: