What does a Royal Guard sound like?

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

can-tala mclaren
TKID: 14850

What does a Royal Guard sound like?

Post by can-tala mclaren »

Doing some finishing touches for my RG. I just ordered a fan kit for some cooling, but I am also thinking of voice options. Whenever I troop with Storm Troops and they use TrooperTalk, I just love it.

SO...what does a RG sound like?

If you have a speaker, how/where are you mounting it along with your source. What mic/headphone setup are you using?

I am also considering getting a DH-17 Blaster....any one here have one and what do you use to carry it?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: What does a Royal Guard sound like?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

can-tala mclaren wrote:Doing some finishing touches for my RG. I just ordered a fan kit for some cooling, but I am also thinking of voice options. Whenever I troop with Storm Troops and they use TrooperTalk, I just love it.

Canonical the guard is a silent person letting their actions do more of the "talking" They are human in nature so just a standard voice.

If you have a speaker, how/where are you mounting it along with your source. What mic/headphone setup are you using?

Aker is a good mic set up usually under the \/ section of the helmet.

I am also considering getting a DH-17 Blaster....any one here have one and what do you use to carry it?
There are 3d files along with occasionally some on ebay. A Rebel fleet troop style holster is comparable.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

can-tala mclaren wrote:Doing some finishing touches for my RG. I just ordered a fan kit for some cooling, but I am also thinking of voice options. Whenever I troop with Storm Troops and they use TrooperTalk, I just love it.

90% of the time, a Royal Guard sounds like this

<........> ;)

Seriously tho, we don't talk in the movies, so I try to keep verbal comms to a minimum while in kit. I do have a standard aker resting near my waist under the outer robe with I'm in my Royal Guard as people really can't hear me through the bucket and it starts becoming a safety issue. I've also heard guests remark that they think I have a voice changer since the aker sounds artificial enough.

With my Praetorian, I've found that I don't need voice amp. My bucket is open enough that people can hear me easily, and besides I have zero places to conceal an aker speaker.

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Post by OCD_Chad »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPEHxxVzUfc

I know at least one also has some lines in the Lords of the Sith novel.