Bucket Cooling

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Bucket Cooling

Post by Maxall »

Has anyone looked at Troopacoola for a cooling option for their bucket? He's got a two piece setup for Snow Troopers that looks like it would be promising. One piece fits in the chest and blows clear air into the bucket. the other part moves the air around.

Looks to be more expensive, but better contained that what I was thinking about jerry-rigging a pair of hand held coolers.

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Re: Bucket Cooling

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

If I remember correctly he had asked for local guards in the UK to test a potential guard system, I'm not going to confirm or deny anything, that's all I saw.

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Post by Allan1313 »

I just use 3 of the little squirrel fans. Works reasonably well. Cost was very cheap too haha

Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Maxall

Post by Maxall »

Picket up a Snow Trooper Kit from Troopacoola.
Going to run one set in my chest with hoses under my bucket. The other set in m bucket to keep everything moving around in there.

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Post by OCD_Chad »

Here is the one he made for me. The two tubes are attached to two fans that pull in external air which are powered by an Anker PowerCore 10000. The power supply in the helmet is also an Anker PowerCore 10000.

Maxall

Post by Maxall »

OCD_Chad, that looks like what I'm going to end up doing with mine. How do you like it? Any changes you'd make?

OCD_Chad

Post by OCD_Chad »

Maxall wrote:OCD_Chad, that looks like what I'm going to end up doing with mine. How do you like it? Any changes you'd make?
I like it, those two tubes make a noticeable difference in the temperature of the air I'm breathing. No.

aislefive
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 29292

Post by aislefive »

OCD_Chad wrote:Here is the one he made for me. The two tubes are attached to two fans that pull in external air which are powered by an Anker PowerCore 10000. The power supply in the helmet is also an Anker PowerCore 10000.
Any chance could you show a picture of your fans and hose hookup?
Mark Naber
TR-29292
Aislefive
Ohio Garrison
Gem City Squad
Garrison Membership Liaison

OCD_Chad

Post by OCD_Chad »

aislefive wrote:
OCD_Chad wrote:Here is the one he made for me. The two tubes are attached to two fans that pull in external air which are powered by an Anker PowerCore 10000. The power supply in the helmet is also an Anker PowerCore 10000.
Any chance could you show a picture of your fans and hose hookup?
I used some velcro sticky back fabric tape to put them on these shorts. The switch and power supply are in the pocket. The tubes go under the inner robe.

robertjohn2

Post by robertjohn2 »

Troopacoola with 2 or more fans works well. This advice with the Snow Trooper Kit is helpful.