Question about 2016 Rubie's Supreme Edition Helmet

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

star_scream1646

Question about 2016 Rubie's Supreme Edition Helmet

Post by star_scream1646 »

Hey Everyone, I have a question regarding my Rubie's bucket. I've noticed that right above the visor in the helmets shown on all the guards CRLs they all have what I guess you could call a "step". But on my bucket I don't have this "step" above the visor at all. Would this be an issue trying to get approval or would it have to be modified? Thanks in advance, I will attach some pictures to show what I mean.

This is an old pic with the stock visor of my helmet with no "step"

And this is what is on the CRL with the "step"
Just a Royal Guard in training at the moment.

DarkTrooper71
TKID: 17671

Re: Question about 2016 Rubie's Supreme Edition Helmet

Post by DarkTrooper71 »

Hello future squad member, glad to see another guard is coming. To answer your question my bucket is the 2011 version as. I actually bought my suit off a fellow squad member earlier this year. The CRL's are always being updated as even though mine was previously approved I still had to resubmit and retake some pics for final approval. As for the helmet, it may be a case of which version of the guard you are doing as there is the ROTJ, ROTS and even Rogue One. I am not sure which version you are going for but each of those version has slight differences between them... if that affects the helmet as well I am not sure. I wish I could be of more help but that is the first thing that comes to mind. Hopefully someone else can provide some more info. Look forward to trooping with you soon. :)

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Hi Starscream,

I have the same bucket as you and I didn't have an issue with approval as a ROTS Royal Guard. You are correct however in that all the CRLs seem to feature the "step" in the visor, though to be fair I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out!

I think as long as you get the visor changed you should be in the clear. Of course, its also a good idea to check with your GML. :)

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

All the movie ones have the step in the visual BUT as Rubies is a licensed product will let it slide. Do you know what the date stamp on the helmet you got is? I know some of the older Rubies helmets had the step.

Could you get a closer photo of the missing step section for reference.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

star_scream1646

Post by star_scream1646 »

Thank you all for your responses! :tr: I had never noticed it either until I started looking at pictures of my helmet and the one on the CRL but also started seeing that other vendors who make Royal Guard Buckets had the step. Glad to see that none have had an issue with it, but I will still check with my GML.

LuciousTalvloinne, I don't have my bucket at hand since it's stored away at my moms place until I can get my robes...BUT luckily I never really delete photos on my phone. I apologize for the low quality of the pics I will be posting. The first one is when I first got it and was trying it on with my Cosplaysky robes so it still had the stock visor. The second photo was one that I sent to a friend to show him that I removed the visor and how it looked like being able to see the person underneath.

Just a Royal Guard in training at the moment.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Thanks for sending these. You have my blessing.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard