Rubies Helmet, approvable for ROTS?

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Sandico
TKID: 12774

Rubies Helmet, approvable for ROTS?

Post by Sandico »

Hi,

I bought the Rubies Ultimate Collectors bucket. Do I need to change anything with it or is it approvable out of the box for ROTS? I was told that my eyes should not be seen at all through the bucket. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Rubies Helmet, approvable for ROTS?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

By movie standards the red tinted visor will be fine. A Lot of folks use a Mirrored lense with red to hide their features from those watching in costume.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sandico

Post by Sandico »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:By movie standards the red tinted visor will be fine. A Lot of folks use a Mirrored lense with red to hide their features from those watching in costume.
Got it. Any idea where to get that? I'm thinking of auto supplies for the mirrored tint but I don't know how they put red on it

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Mirror Window Tint with Red Cellophane on the top.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sandico

Post by Sandico »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Mirror Window Tint with Red Cellophane on the top.
Thanks. Will try that. Do I add that to my Rubies visor or get a new visor? What do you recommend?

delabane

Post by delabane »

The visor which comes with the helmet is screwed in. This over time in hot/cold weather can lead to micro cracks. Most people remove the visor then replace it with a new red tinted one by gluing it in or using magnets so can be removed for cleaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh7uaxJLgFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jjXfI2fl18

Sandico

Post by Sandico »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Mirror Window Tint with Red Cellophane on the top.
Ok, I tried this. How did you attach the cellophane? I used glue but the glue left marks on the cellophane. Also, I couldn't see out of mirror tint with cellophane :(

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

My guess would be only attaching it around the outer edges, so that glue, tape, etc. used for attaching it is hidden behind the helmet itself.