Is the Rubie's helmet supposed to be a little crooked?

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Rookhelm
TKID: 27426

Is the Rubie's helmet supposed to be a little crooked?

Post by Rookhelm »

Got this in the mail today, and I'm super impressed with the construction (a lot sturdier than I expected), but it seems...crooked. The right shoulder is higher than the left. Not sure if it comes across in the picture, but it's noticeable when you hold it in your hand.

I want to say I've seen someone point this out before, like maybe in an Amazon review, but I can't find it. Is this expected? Is this okay? Should I return it and try again?

Rookhelm

Re: Is the Rubie's helmet supposed to be a little crooked?

Post by Rookhelm »

So, from all the pics I'm seeing of this thing, and even video reviews on Youtube, it looks like this shape is intentional.

Thoughts?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

It fine - anything that is humanly scupted is always going to be a tad off. We has humans are not mirror images of our sides.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

Might be better to try looking at it on a person, and see how that looks. This picture looks like the person is just holding it at a slight angle.

kroenen77

Post by kroenen77 »

Mine is also like yours...the Originals are also not perfect in shape...look at the shoulders and the lines on the top of the head.

delabane

Post by delabane »

Hello,

Also have the Rubies helmet. What year is your from?, on the inside there should be a sticker with Lucasarts and the year. Mine is from 2016 and I will check it out later when I get home.

delabane

Post by delabane »

I can confirm mine is like this too. We never noticed but its about an inch lower. These will come from same master mould so anyone with Rubies version of this helmet will have it.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The uneveness comes right from the very first Don Post helmets which were based off of the screen used ones for ROTJ. It's been in pretty much every commercially available helmet since.

You may find some other non-commercial vendors in the community where this uneveness doesn't exist.

Rookhelm

Post by Rookhelm »

Thanks for the responses guys...just had a little bit of concern, but you're right.

I looked at youtube videos of the rubies helmet and it's the same way. I even looked at the helmet shown in the CRL, and it looks like it has the same proportions.

All is good.