Fenixprops - Red Visor

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

delabane

Fenixprops - Red Visor

Post by delabane »

Hello,

I see there is somone called fenixprops who makes the red visors, has anyone used these and know if they will fit in a Rubies helmet?

Thanks

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Fenixprops - Red Visor

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

The visor can be fixed from the inside of the helmet.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

I believe they are fine from the looks of them.

Just keep in mind it'll be shipping from Argentina (could be pricey), and it still needs to be mounted into the helmet with magnets/velcro/etc. They say it's flexible and will bend to fit, which if true means it won't need to be shaped.

Geohazard
TKID: 14247

Post by Geohazard »

cooldevo wrote:I believe they are fine from the looks of them.

Just keep in mind it'll be shipping from Argentina (could be pricey), and it still needs to be mounted into the helmet with magnets/velcro/etc. They say it's flexible and will bend to fit, which if true means it won't need to be shaped.
Magnets are not the best way to mount visors if you are using a mic inside your bucket. Trust me.

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

Geohazard wrote:Magnets are not the best way to mount visors if you are using a mic inside your bucket. Trust me.
That's a fairly broad statement covering an awful lot of different types of microphones and magnets.

What effect are you claiming it has where two properly cupped magnets at eye level will cause problems with a properly aimed directional microphone at mouth level?

delabane

Post by delabane »

Hello All,

I might get some red flim and then add a silver visor inlay. This is what I did with my Shadow Guard helmet. The Rubies is still on its way, so depending on how much customs is and sending it back, I might just keep it and do a Royal Guard in the future.

Thanks

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

If it's too pricey to return could try to sell it here. Or keep it as a spare.

delabane

Post by delabane »

cooldevo wrote:If it's too pricey to return could try to sell it here. Or keep it as a spare.
If I keep both, that’s nearly £370 on two helmets which seems a bit extravagant. If I ever did another costume, it would be a Royal Guard or Biker Scout (don’t like too much armour).

Its lovely though:

Geohazard
TKID: 14247

Post by Geohazard »

cooldevo wrote:
Geohazard wrote:Magnets are not the best way to mount visors if you are using a mic inside your bucket. Trust me.
That's a fairly broad statement covering an awful lot of different types of microphones and magnets.

What effect are you claiming it has where two properly cupped magnets at eye level will cause problems with a properly aimed directional microphone at mouth level?
I get a lot of painful feedback. Electricity and magnetism go hand in hand. As the mic moves through the magnetic field, it creates an electrical current, which results in screeches.

delabane

Post by delabane »

Do Royal Guards need mics though? I know talking without one sounds crap but I can't imagine Royal Guards talking (blame the films!)