How to shape a visor...

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Mauri
TKID: 91176

Re: How to shape a visor...

Post by Mauri »

Darth Munchies wrote:Looks good, I've got the same visor to replace for my wife helmet. Having done TK lenses before I'm pretty comfortable using a heat gun to shape as needed.

Glad the hot water worked out for you through

Thanks!

A heat gun is a great option as well!!!

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

That turned out great!

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

I'm bringing this post from the dead, but I can start a new one if needed.

For those who used the shaded face shield lens like this: https://www.amazon.com/Hobart-770580-Sh ... B002VECKRO

How do you manage to shape it??? I've been trying with a hair dryer with no luck. I can raise its temperature high to the point i can't hold it, but it will go back to its shape when I let it go. I've even put a rubber band around it so the ends are touching each other and do some heat/cold cycle, and nada, still stay flat (with a 1/4'' offset now).

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I've always velcro/ taped the top and sides of the visor with a small gap at the bottom to help with air flow. With these the best way is to let the helmet form the shape of the visor contour vs heating it.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I've always velcro/ taped the top and sides of the visor with a small gap at the bottom to help with air flow. With these the best way is to let the helmet form the shape of the visor contour vs heating it.
Yes, I plan to fill the screw holes (Rubies helmet) with E600 and install some magnets, to allow air to pass as well. I was just a bit scare that the magnets wouldn't hold and that the visor would pop out. Thanks!