How to shape a visor...

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Mauri
TKID: 91176

How to shape a visor...

Post by Mauri »

Hi!!!

After reading some posts, I haven't come across any information about shaping a visor. Some weeks ago I found somebody who used hot water to do that, but I cannot find it now.

Can you give me some information?

Thanks!!!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: How to shape a visor...

Post by stripes »

A lot will depend on the materials you are using. If you can post up what you are working with and such, we can probably help you out more than just taking random stabs in the dark at possible solutions.

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

stripes wrote:A lot will depend on the materials you are using. If you can post up what you are working with and such, we can probably help you out more than just taking random stabs in the dark at possible solutions.
Thanks for your answer.

I show you a photo. Itテつエs plastic, and I can bend it. It still has a protection.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

You will want to remove the protective film before doing anything.... Correct me if I am wrong, but that appears to be a red visor from FP. If it is, you can put it in some hot water to gently shape it. I wouldn't recommend leaving it too long as it can become too soft to mould properly. You will also want to be careful as it can pick up fingerprints and other debris while it is soft.

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

stripes wrote:You will want to remove the protective film before doing anything.... Correct me if I am wrong, but that appears to be a red visor from FP. If it is, you can put it in some hot water to gently shape it. I wouldn't recommend leaving it too long as it can become too soft to mould properly. You will also want to be careful as it can pick up fingerprints and other debris while it is soft.
Ok. Not exactly FP but CP. Anyway, maybe the same...

Iテつエll try with some hot water and Iテつエll be careful. Thanks for your tips!

And a question... Is this a canon visor?

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

If itテつエs acrylic you "could" put it in a cooker by 130テつー Celcius for a while and then you can shape it. That needs some practice and as "stripes" said be careful of fingertips and stuff. Good luck ;)

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Cabbagefarmer wrote:If itテつエs acrylic you "could" put it in a cooker by 130テつー Celcius for a while and then you can shape it. That needs some practice and as "stripes" said be careful of fingertips and stuff. Good luck ;)

Thanks!!! Once done, Iテつエll post the result!

Bye!

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Jande kenobi wrote:And a question... Is this a canon visor?
Yes, this is a canon visor... though I will caution you to always have a spotter with you when using a red visor. Colours do not look the same when you use a red visor and it can cause some issues (especially with yellow, pink, orange and red objects).

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Iテつエll take it into account! Yes, with a red visor nothing is the same!!!

Here is the visor shaped!!! I wore a silicon gloves. Every 15 seconds I took the visor out of the water, shaped it and again to the water. The same 4 or 5 times and I got this result. Happy ending :trsuit: !!!

Darth Munchies
TKID: 51481

Post by Darth Munchies »

Looks good, I've got the same visor to replace for my wife helmet. Having done TK lenses before I'm pretty comfortable using a heat gun to shape as needed.

Glad the hot water worked out for you through