Saber Pike's measurements

Hardhaus

Saber Pike's measurements

Post by Hardhaus »

Hi

Is there anyone who could measure up a saber pike? :saberpike:

Thinking of getting one machine made out of metal and would make my work easier if I had the correct measurements of the whole staff.

Yours
Hardhaus

Hardhaus

Re: Saber Pike's measurements

Post by Hardhaus »

Oh and what is the best material for a saber pike?

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

I've scaled my pike to be about 5 feet long with a 2.5 foot long blade. The material you choose to build it depends on how much you want to spend. You can go with aluminum, which is what most people use for a regular lightsaber too. Having one machined will be expensive but the most accurate way to go. Or you can go scratch-built and use PVC pipe, not as accurate but more cost effective.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

The length is no problem for me, i am talking about the detail work. Because the Lance varies in width. No idea how I am gonna translate the norwegian word to english (been working for 15 hours) but "Mål på de ringene på Lancen" = Measures on the rings on the lance...or something like that -.-

Hardhaus

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

One of the deciding factors on something like this, just like with any other saber, is the size of your electronics. You can make something look screen accurate but that might not translate into something that is functional.
For example. Luke's saber in RotJ has a very thin spacer below the emitter. There's no way you could make a replica screen accurate and still get a tube down into the hilt, so this piece has to be made wider. Keep that in mind when you start designing your emitter. Same thing for the grip sections. You want to make them look good and have the sections spaced out evenly but if you have larger hands the screen accurate dimensions won't work for you.
I have been kicking myself for not getting my drawings done yet but I plan on doing that soon. I can't give you any more info than that right now but keep your eyes open in my saber staff thread for something in the near future.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

Already thought of that and asked:)

The Hyperblade system can fit in any tube that's about 1.3 or 1.4 inch inner diameter and about 10 - 11 inches long. So as long as your Pike is longer than 10 inches ... and the part that's going to hold the Hyperblade parts has about a 1.3 inch inner diameter then it should be no problem.

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

That's what slowing me down the most right now (well that and free time :geez:). I don't want to get too far ahead of myself without knowing how I'm going to install the electronics and the switch.
Could you pass on the info that you have on blade electronics? Knowing that they require 1.3" of I.D. clearance is very helpful. The 10" minimum length won't be a problem.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

Blade info

First Option:
Custom Order Checklist for single blade 3-piece heavy-dueling version. (Does not include soundboard cost)
BLDU2 Version 2 LED Driver $89.00
BLHF2 Deluxe 3-piece blade board assembly, heavy-dueling version $189.00
BLDC Blade Tubing w/ endcap $18.00
ACBAT2 Li-ion 11V battery $39.00
ACBC Li-ion battery charger $35.00
SMD SaberSD in-the-hilt sound board $105.00
SMSP Miniature high-quality speaker for SaberSD sound module $5.00
ACSDC microSD 1Gb memory card for SaberSD sound board $11.00

Shipping components to me for retrofit $22.00
Total $513.00

Second Option:
Custom Order Checklist for single blade 1-piece light dueling version. (Does not include soundboard cost)
BLDU2 Version 2 LED Driver $89.00
BLHF2B Deluxe 1-piece blade board assembly, display and light dueling version $189.00
BLDC Blade Tubing w/ endcap $18.00
ACBAT2 Li-ion 11V battery $39.00
ACBC Li-ion battery charger $35.00
ACSDC microSD 1Gb memory card for SaberSD sound board
Shipping components to me for retrofit $22.00
Total $513.00

Copy and Paste Custom Order Checklist, include choice of color (Blue, Green, Red, Purple, or Yellow), size of speaker, (36mm, 28mm, or 26mm) if you want a

retrofit done, and PayPal payment to shima@hyperdynelabs.com

Retrofit fee for standard MR Fx:
$75.00 Retrofit blade not removable
$22.00 shipping within the US.

Retrofit fee for Graflex:
$100.00 Retrofit blade is removable
$22.00 Shipping within the US.

Retrofit fee for MPP:
$100.00 Retrofit blade is removable
$22.00 Shipping within the US.

Retrofit fees are to be PayPaled to mastercheng@gmail.com after components are purchased and hilt is sent to me.

If you have any questions please contact me at mastercheng@gmail.com
Thank you for your time and interest in Hyperblades,

Thats the info i have so far, and that one i posted in the previous post