Saber Pike Length

Khor Mariik
TKID: 29500

Saber Pike Length

Post by Khor Mariik »

I see the measurements thread hasn't rreally come up with an answer. I have the 3D printed grips for around 1 inch PVC.

Is there a set length (5', 6') or a suggested length like chin height to the wielder?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Saber Pike Length

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

This was a preview that Hyperspace did when they were teasing about the shadowguards in the new game.
Star Wars likes to use the standard 1.83 meters (6 foot) as reference for most Imperials. Depending on your height you would somewhat scale it to you. A 5 foot guard would have a shorter saberpike vs a 6 foot guard. They key lengths that would need to be the consistent would be the parts between the detailed sections

Top to Middle = .27 meters (10.5 inches)
Middle to Third = .30 meters (12 inches)
Third to Bottom = .61 meters (24 inch starting base) - Variable due to costumers height
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Jofus

Post by Jofus »

Roughly what would the blade length be? I am 6' 3" if that helps. From the images I have seen it looks like people have made 2 versions: 1 being short, 1.5' to 2', and 1 being a full saber length, 2.5' to 3'.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I would go with a longer blade.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

The longer option is the one you want to choose.
The overall look is definitive the better one.

Khor Mariik

Post by Khor Mariik »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Image

This was a preview that Hyperspace did when they were teasing about the shadowguards in the new game.
Star Wars likes to use the standard 1.83 meters (6 foot) as reference for most Imperials. Depending on your height you would somewhat scale it to you. A 5 foot guard would have a shorter saberpike vs a 6 foot guard. They key lengths that would need to be the consistent would be the parts between the detailed sections

Top to Middle = .27 meters (10.5 inches)
Middle to Third = .30 meters (12 inches)
Third to Bottom = .61 meters (24 inch starting base) - Variable due to costumers height
So these measurements are the straight sections of pipe between the "grip" pieces? So where the top piece, the emitter, ends, there is a straight piece of pipe 10.5 inches before the mid grip, then the mid grip. Where the mid grip ends there is 12 inches of pipe to the 3rd grip, then the 3rd grip. Where the 3rd grip ends to the bottom of the staff there is 24 inches (starting base) of straight pipe to the bottom of the staff. I'm 6'2". By the photo I'm guessing total length of about 6 feet top to bottom not including blade, adjustment made by cropping from the bottom without adjusting any other measurements.

Sound like I interpreted that right?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Eight foot I would say is a good medium for the height. You just have to watch for low ceilings. Example my glaive is about eight foot and I have to keep a close watch not to break blades.

Khor Mariik

Post by Khor Mariik »

8' including blade?

Right now I'm just looking at the staff itself. an 8' staff seems huge so I'm assuming that included blade.

Blade length can vary from none to 36" full length fighting blade depending on circumstance and ceiling height.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Eight foot for total height at the max which includes the blade.
So depending on the blade length you get.

Khor Mariik

Post by Khor Mariik »

I appreciate the input, but still not helping.

I'm looking for staff length. Telling me I can vary the blade length doesn't help. The dimension given above are great for the distances between grips and the image is nice, but the base of the staff is out in front of the figure, not beside his foot. As such, depending upon the height of the figure, assume 6 feet plus a bit for the rise of the helmet, the staff length could still be anywhere between 5 and 6 feet depending on how far out in front of him it's place in the pic.

So, to sum up. From the top of the emitter to the bottom of the last grip I have set dimensions, no problem. From the bottom of the bottom grip to the floor varies. Where are we aiming for the top to fall? Should it be chin high? Eye level? Top of head before helmet? At this point, blade length isn't under consideration.