CAD Renders

Jedi_Outcast77

Re: CAD Renders

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

Squirrel wrote:I hate you guys so much right now. . . that'll cost an arm and a leg. . .

:shadow:
I'm not sure what kivas spent on his but the version I'm working on should be less than $100 assembled and painted (without a blade or electronics). I believe he used a curtain rod for his shaft so that would definately cut down the cost. Still not pocket change but not as expensive as an all-aluminum version :o.
Depending on what you want to do for a blade that can get pricey, I'm thinking of getting an MR saber and gutting it for the parts, then recoup some of the cost by selling the hilt to someone that wants to put something like a Luxeon III into it. Or you could get an acrylic rod, which won't light up but will still look good.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

Draco

Post by Draco »

i also know of some one with a CNC. all i need is the raw source files if you will permit a noob to having them and i will see what i can do. if anything to make a mould for a hard urethain or impact resin castings.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Give me a chance to track down the original creator of the cad renders and see what he says.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

Hi Lucious

It would be really nice if You could get the original CAD Files for the saber lance.

Made a deal with a big company and are gonna have the whole thing made in alu, but they needed the original CAD Files to make it.

Volund Starfire
TKID: 6132

Post by Volund Starfire »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Give me a chance to track down the original creator of the cad renders and see what he says.
I say go right ahead! PM me somewhere to email them and the best file-type to email them as.
GALACTIC QUARTERMASTERS
Custom commissioned costumes and costume accessories!

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

Hi

Any measurements on the CAD yet?

I did get a email while back that i think had few measurements on, but it seems my fiancee accidentily deleted it from the HD and I can not find it in my mailbox.
So if anyone have any original CAD files, let me know :)

Hardhaus

Draft808

Post by Draft808 »

Are these from the official game used model file or a fan made model?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Fan made but done from the schematics.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Draft808

Post by Draft808 »

Thought I'd add these here for community use/critique/reference/dismissal/what-have-you...

I'm of the opinion the schematic and the image next to the schematic are two different sabers. The photo being that of a more generalized version. Is there a CRL preference for which?
Generalized or Saber Lite http://fav.me/d2jvsd6
and the Schematic version http://fav.me/d4y9k7s

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The schematic version is far more detailed and closer to what we would expect to see from 501st members