CAD Renders

Draft808

Re: CAD Renders

Post by Draft808 »

Wanted to add this here as an option for the community. I put a model up on Shapeways...

http://shpws.me/ouDH

ShapeWay 3D Printers are pretty neat, bit pricey but neat.
Intended for 3/4"ID Electrical Conduit ... so would be better for smaller hands and pikes without lighted blades.

Toddo
TKID: 6647

Post by Toddo »

Draft808 wrote:Wanted to add this here as an option for the community. I put a model up on Shapeways...

http://shpws.me/ouDH

ShapeWay 3D Printers are pretty neat, bit pricey but neat.
Intended for 3/4"ID Electrical Conduit ... so would be better for smaller hands and pikes without lighted blades.
Man, I wish one could get a lighted blade into that setup. I'd be all over it.

Draft808

Post by Draft808 »

I'd be open to collaboration.
What PVC/metal pipe diamiter should I resize it for? I don't have my own lightsaber (FX/Parks/UltraSabers) to work with so I'd need diameters of the saber/electronics assemblies and/or recommendations of pipes suitable for fitting them.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I don't suppose the CAD drawings are available just for download huh? The Shapeways stuff is just to have the company print it.

Toddo

Post by Toddo »

Draft808 wrote:I'd be open to collaboration.
What PVC/metal pipe diamiter should I resize it for? I don't have my own lightsaber (FX/Parks/UltraSabers) to work with so I'd need diameters of the saber/electronics assemblies and/or recommendations of pipes suitable for fitting them.
It would need to have a 1 inch inner diameter to hold that blade on that end and likewise at least a 1 inch inner diameter to connect to the staff pipe.

Toddo

Post by Toddo »

any further word on a larger diameter option?

Draft808

Post by Draft808 »

Been away for a bit but I've an update finally.
Previously I posted a link to the shapeways Kit Parts .75"ID Conduit compatable model.
Per request I've resized and made a larger version for use with 1"ID Conduit. Kit Parts 1"ID Conduit
The resized sleeves are intended to fit over a 1" inside diamiter PVC Electrical Conduit with an outside diamiter of 1.31". Should be enough to work with for mounting a saber and electronics inside the staff I hope.
Send feedback if you do pick up the kit
Last edited by Draft808 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

shdwtrpr13

Post by shdwtrpr13 »

If your open to allow downloads and access to the cad. There area a number of 3d printers I have access too that would help me reduce the cost that stairways is asking.

Draft808

Post by Draft808 »

Its still a work in progress but I can be PMed for info on how to acquire the model files. It's a good exercise if you're up for developing the 3D model yourself. .stl available.
You can see what my models print looks like on IKDRACOs' build topic here
Last edited by Draft808 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draft808

Post by Draft808 »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:These are renders of the saber pike as based of the Live action model of the Shadowguard.

The search droid wasn't able to help me, Is the 533x691 the largest resolution for this image? If not does anyone have a link to a higher resolution version posted somewhere?