3D printed force pike

organiz3d_chaos

3D printed force pike

Post by organiz3d_chaos »

Hey Everyone, I posted this on the FB group, but thought it might be useful to post here as well. I wanted to give 3d printing a force pike a try, but I've really only found files for printing pieces of the pike to use with PVC/or some other tube (maybe that's the best option, but I wanted to give this a try". I decided to take a stab at modeling a force pike myself and see how that goes.

I'd love to hear feedback on the force pike, aside from modeling and printing a piece to attach a couple pieces of corrugated hose to a fan to run to my bucket, this is really the only experience I've had with trying model something of my own.

I made this pike 1420mm long since I' rather tall (6'6"), but should be able to adjust the length for others. Not shown on this sheet is I have the model threaded an separated into 4 pieces, the pommel and the rest split into 3 pieces.

Empire3D
TKID: 68811

Re: 3D printed force pike

Post by Empire3D »

Looks very good.
The reason for the Pvc pipe or similar is for strength - from experience i cant recommend that enough!

organiz3d_chaos

Re: 3D printed force pike

Post by organiz3d_chaos »

Empire3D wrote:Looks very good.
The reason for the Pvc pipe or similar is for strength - from experience i cant recommend that enough!
Thank you for the feedback!

Yeah, I mean I definitely understand some of the reasons for the PVC. It's also a lot faster (in most cases) to drive to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a piece of PVC. I wanted to do this, just to try it and to give people options. I also have some other things I wanted to try with a 3d printed pike. Once I get this to a level that I'm happy with, and give people a chance to comment on, I'll probably do another version of the model that would allow you to use a piece of PVC (or something similar) with 3d printed pieces (the pommel, rasp, end, etc.)