Length?

Saffron

Length?

Post by Saffron »

So the CRL states that the whole thing should be atleast 122cm/4' but that it should also be adjusted to your length. I, however, am only 158cm long, and the pike would reach too far above my head if it were 122cm, so would it be better to make it shorter than the minimum 122cm? I'm already trying to add height with the boots and helmet, so I won't have to make a pike that's much smaller than 122.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Length?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

This chart is done for Ski and their ski poles. Seeing that the original Weapons are based on those this chart can be used to give you a good ratio.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JosaN

Post by JosaN »

Thank you for that chart! I'm only 5'6" so I'd been wondering the same thing. Looks like mine will be slightly less than 4 feet.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

If you're holding the pommel in your hand the pike should go a few inches above your helmeted head is my opinion. It's one of those things that you'll know it when you see it. I've seen pictures of guards with the pike tip ending below their eye line and that looks bad, same with it ending a foot+ above their head. Just like the helmets and the robes, one size does NOT fit all.

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Alright, I'll keep all of this in mind, thanks guys.