Star Wars Rebels S4 - Royal Guard in Battle Suit

To discuss costumes from other detachments or organizations

bobafett4ever
TKID: 27529

Star Wars Rebels S4 - Royal Guard in Battle Suit

Post by bobafett4ever »

Hello. I've lurked the forums for a while, but never have really posted before. Although the Royal Guard was one of my favorites growing up, I have neck issues and never thought I'd be able to wear the Roayl Guard helmet / costume.

However, this last season of Star Wars Rebels, they had Royal Guards in what is called their battle suit. We actually see them fight, in one scene, with this battle suit against Ezra.

https://youtu.be/uPEHxxVzUfc

Forgive me if I completely overlooked something, but I didn't see any posts on this. Has anyone looked into these? Because their helmet looks like a 1/3 mask with balaclava, I was thinking that actually could be something I could wear and not hurt my neck. And since I'm picky on what I'd want to wear (currently have 4 costumes in the IOC), this is canon so I'd for sure love to see this done.

Anyhow, if these are posted, again, I'm sorry. But if not, would any others be able to chime in on any info? I can post some pics, but I'm at work this my screen capture program isn't great. They're basically low rez screen shots, but at least you can see what they look like if you're not familiar with them.

https://imgur.com/a/N8qMoKq

Maybe we could throw a list of what you think the parts and pieces are together and get some talk going on that. Although I need to finish up one other costume first, this would definitely be something I'd be willing to work on, however I have no 'crafting' skills, at all, lol!

Some further info in the section "The Liberation of Lothal:"

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Guard

Thanks for reading and your input!

-Chris

:tr: :tr2: :trsuit: :tr2: :tr:
Imperial Officer Corps:
Imperial Staff Officer - [currently R1 varient];テつImperial Security Bureau Agent - [currently R1 varient];テつImperial Navy Trooper: In Dress - [currently ESB varient];テつImperial Warrant Officer: [currently RotJ varient];テつImperial Line Officer: WIP

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Star Wars Rebels S4 - Royal Guard in Battle Suit

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The animation team basically has taken two versions of the action figure and made this Character Model
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Mynock
TKID: 81176

Post by Mynock »

It would be an interesting build to come with I like my robes to much to go for a body suit.
Southern Cross Garrison - Black Tower Squad

Pacific Outpost - Garrison Event Coordinator 2018/19
IDテつ -テつImperial Officer: Staff Officer, (Black) - Lvl 2 / Warrant Officer (ROTJ)テつ- Lvl 2
TR - Royal Guard: ROTJ
TI - Tie Pilot: Reserve Pilot
IC - Imperial Crew: Bridge Crew

bobafett4ever
TKID: 27529

Post by bobafett4ever »

Mynock wrote:It would be an interesting build to come with I like my robes to much to go for a body suit.
Thanks. Yes, I think it would be very interesting.

Because the pics I have are pretty bad, it's hard to make out details. Obviously, they have some sort of Red Body Suit on...

The list might go something like:

Red Body Suit - not skin tight (you can see the gloves go under it, it's tight, but not skin tight

Red Helmet based off the Royal Guard helmet, but going from the lower jaw around to base of skull

Red Neck Seal

Red Shoulders

Chest which looks like one piece down to naval

Belt with belt boxes

Cod Piece attached to belt

Shin Armor

Red Boots

I think possibly the shin armor is the same as the Rebels Stormtrooper, just on both legs, and red.

Looks like the are attached by a few straps around the back of calves (you can see two sections of white, not sure what that'd be?

I think it would be very doable. Just have to find someone that can get high rez pics and someone willing to play around with crafting :)

[As a side note, I really hope we get another movie at some point that we can see the guards in battle. A live action one. Possibly the live action TV series? Who knows... I think that'd be an absolutly EPIC TV series. It'd be about the Guard and what they do, secretively, for the Emperor and such. But I digress!]
Imperial Officer Corps:
Imperial Staff Officer - [currently R1 varient];テつImperial Security Bureau Agent - [currently R1 varient];テつImperial Navy Trooper: In Dress - [currently ESB varient];テつImperial Warrant Officer: [currently RotJ varient];テつImperial Line Officer: WIP

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

The most intruiging part about those Royal Guards is their use of the Force pike. AFAIK this is the first instance where they discharge lightning/energy at a target. Do we know if this is tech-based, or is it implied to be a Force-based power, hence the "Force' in force pike?

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

The are basically a cattle prod. Don't really know so much on the "Ghostbuster" Stream.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

The Animation team basically took a Hasbro royal guard armor and meshed it up with another helmet to make this.

blitz1027
TKID: 21013

Post by blitz1027 »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:The Animation team basically took a Hasbro royal guard armor and meshed it up with another helmet to make this.
So is that a yes it can be then?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

You can make it but the LMO's will be the ones that give the final say on if it will be approvable. Please make a WIP thread.