New Shadow/Royal in the making

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

New Shadow/Royal in the making

Post by ugcspawn »

'day all!

I decided that I wanted something more trooping friendly than my ROTJ Guard, while still keeping the same theme, so... Still not decided if I'm going Shadow (better lore wise, but to the risk of being called a Vader in Con...) or keeping my allegiance to the color red and doing a Royal... Plus, a fellow friend got approved with his Shadow recently in our Garrison, so it would add diversity by going Royal. Anyway.

Armor: WTF (Walter's Trooper Factory)
Boots: Decathlon English riding boots https://www.decathlon.ca/en/p/3568836/s ... e9ab645999
Gloves: no name,slight flare, no lines on them, leather (already from a previous costume)
Belt: MagMel Creation, with no rivet like the crl ask https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/5848548 ... ca=1&sts=1
Fight suit: Red kap, with the pockets removed and side sewed. https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/product/B ... th=1&psc=1
Saber Pike: Files from Damon + amazon light saber

ugcspawn

Re: New Shadow/Royal in the making

Post by ugcspawn »

Started the helmet. As per Walter's instruction, used Plastic welder (permatex/devcon). Pretty intimidating to do, especially since my first helmet is a Rubies. I'm in the process of fill/sand/repeat on it as we speak. Don't judge the mess on the workbench, it was worse before :wow:

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

one of my issue. Technically, the shins are not to the CRL's standard, although many were approved with WTF's kit. I plan on cutting the end off to remove the ''duckbill'' flare that goes toward the boot to make the front flat, and will cut the angle to the opposite side also to be up to par with the CRL.

marcdub
TKID: 28291

Post by marcdub »

tu irais probablement pour la version rouge mais du meme style que le shadow ?
:shadow:

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

yep, histoire qu'on n'ai pas l'air de deux clone si on troop ensemble :mrgreen:

marcdub
TKID: 28291

Post by marcdub »

lollllllllllllllllll
:shadow:

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

small update. Started playing and mocking up the pike. Long way to go, but it's progress.

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

Started trimming the return edges on the armor based on RWA's youtube video. No pictures yet.

Started to bondo the hell of the helmet. I had forgotten how much I hate working with this and sanding stuff...

sicario
TKID: 37955

Post by sicario »

Gran trabajo tienes por delante!Afortunadamente vas a ir más cómodo en las misiones.

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

Had some pressure to move faster from @marcdub, so I did the final trim and return edges on the back plate, shoulder bells, spats and shins. Worked also on the abs plate and chest, but I still have to do a final trim which I need to have the jumpsuit on and the staps in hand to have a proper alignment. I also made a cardboard template to properly cut the shin and have it identical on both of them. The wooden peg for the pike received black dye for the base coat, and I did another round of sanding on the helmet. The only pieces that didn't move are the bracers, which scares me to do. Still investigating on them.